- Released: October 3, 2006
- Label: Storyville Records
- 1.Boogie Woogie On St. Louis Blues
- 2.Jump For Joy
- 3.Hot Soup
- 4.Piano Man
- 5.You're The Cream In My Coffee
- 7.Medley: Monday Date, Blues In Thirds, You Can Depend On Me
- 8.I've Got The World On A String
- 9.Over The Rainbow
- 10.Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea
- 11.Come Rain Or Come Shine
- 12.My Shining Hour
- 13.As Long As I Live
Personnel: Earl Hines (piano); Gene Redd (tenor saxophone, trumpet); Morris Lane (tenor saxophone); Dicky Wells (trombone); Eddie "Guitar" Burns (drums).
Liner Note Author: Brian Priestley.
Recording information: Club Hangover, San Francisco, CA (01/20/1954-03/24/1974); East Park Jazz Club, Aalborg, Denmark (01/20/1954-03/24/1974); Warp Studios, NY (01/20/1954-03/24/1974).
Photographer: Jan Persson.
MASTERS OF JAZZ is a reliable compilation series providing artistic and historical overviews of major jazz artists. The Earl Hines entry in the series is no exception. At 13 tracks, the listener gets a delightful crash course in Hines, from his rousing interpretations of W.C. Handy ("Boogie Woogie on St. Louis Blues") to his own sterling originals ("Rosetta"). Hines's swinging, hugely influential piano style, which blends stride patterns with a distinctly modern sense of time and accent, is showcased on every cut.