Earl Hines Live at the New School
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Booker Ervin ~ The Freedom Book [Rudy Van Gelder Remasters] ~ $5.98 (Save 50%)
- Released: April 6, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Chiaroscuro Records
- 1.As Long as I Live
- 2.The Talk of the Town
- 3.Fats Waller Medley: Black and Blue / Two Sleepy People / Ain't Misbehavin' / Jitterbug Waltz / Squeeze Me / Honeysuckle Rose
- 4.I've Got the World on a String
- 5.International Medley: Canadian Sunset / Lullaby Of Birdland / A Night In Trinidad
- 6.Satin Doll
- 7.West Side Story Medley: I Feel Pretty / Maria / America / There's A Place For Us / Tonight
- 8.When The Saint's Go Marchin' In / Along The Santa Fe Trail / Perdido
- 9.Boogie Woogie on the St. Louis Blues
- 10.(Untitled) - (hidden track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Earl Hines plays piano.
Recorded live at The New School For Social Research, March 27, 1973. Includes liner notes by Hank O'Neal.
This album features pianist Earl Hines at the absolute peak of his powers. Nine years after his renaissance began, Hines seemed to still be getting more daring in his playing. This version of "I've Got the World on a String" is somewhat miraculous (the chances he takes are breathtaking) and the Fats Waller medley (which features six songs) is definitive. The inclusion of "When the Saints Go Marching In" might not have been necessary, and "Boogie Woogie on the St. Louis Blues" is a bit exhibitionistic but those are minor complaints about a definitive and classic session by a true jazz master. ~ Scott Yanow
The House That Trane Built: The Best Of Impulse Records (CD)
The Jazz Giants Play Frank Loesser: Heart and Soul (CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE