Walk The Moon Walk the Moon
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.02 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.96 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 19, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: RCA
Q (Magazine) - p.1113 stars out of 5 -- "THere is promising variation in places...and the swelling drama of 'Iscariot' shows the band could have an arena-filling future."
- 2.Lisa Baby
- 3.Next in Line
- 4.Anna Sun
- 7.Shiver Shiver
- 11.I Can Lift a Car
Personnel: Eli Maiman (vocals, guitar); Nicholas Petricca (vocals, keyboards, percussion); Sean Waugaman (vocals, percussion); Kevin Ray (vocals).
Audio Mixer: Mark Needham.
Recording information: Doppler Studios; Maze Studios, Atlanta, GA.
Illustrators: Mike Perry ; Walk the Moon.
The eponymous sophomore outing from melodious, heavily carbonated, Cincinnati-based dance-pop quartet Walk the Moon occupies the same neon-splashed, hyper-literate head space as high-energy bands like Phoenix, Passion Pit, and Foster the People. Led by frontman Nicholas Petricca, who can go from a nervous David Byrne wail to a glassy 90125-era Jon Anderson falsetto in a matter of seconds, the band's slick blend of classic new wave, tech-savvy dance rock, and mathy indie pop can be jarring upon first listen, but multiple spins reveal an impressively tight unit that understands the thin line between immaculately rendered electro-art pop cacophony and hook-friendly modern rock. Produced by Ben H. Allen (Gnarls Barkley, Animal Collective), and featuring tracks from the group's well-received Anna Sun EP, as well as new recordings of cuts from the 2010 full-length I Want! I Want!, Walk the Moon's best moments ("Anna Sun," "Lisa Baby," "Jenny") hold fast to the band's talent for crafting synth-heavy, fat, and percussive dancefloor gems, but what sets them apart from the works of some of their less substantive contemporaries is an element of Killers/Berlin-era Bowie melodrama that sneaks in when the listener least expects it. Ultra-quirky, sweaty-headband smart pop can sometimes feel a little like rocket science for dummies, but Walk the Moon manage to remain accessible to all reading levels with their clever lyrics, keen ear for an infectious melody, and penchant for unleashing moments of over-the-top musicality, without the slightest bit of studio trickery. ~ James Christopher Monger
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 77 ratings.
Based on 77 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Leadbelly/Blind Willie McTell Masters of The Country Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Funk, Volume 2: 12 Funky Tracks (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Terry Stafford Suspicion! - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE