Soul Twist And Other Golden Classics
Collectables Jazz Classics (series)
|CYBER SALE:||$6.74 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.23 (48% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Bobby "Blue" Bland ~ Greatest Hits, Volume 1: The Duke Recordings ~ $6.74
- by King Curtis ~ Have Tenor Sax, Will Blow / Live At Small's Paradise ~ $8.78
- by The Mar-Keys ~ Last Night / Do The Pop-Eye ~ $13.48
- by King Curtis ~ Night Train ~ $9.99
- All titles recorded in New York, 1960-1964. Produced by Bobby & Danny Robinson.
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
King Curtis was one of the great R&B saxophone players. This collection highlights his solo work, his work with his groups, and his hits recorded with other greats such as Willis Jackson and his band, Curley Hamner, Choker Campbell & Band, and others.
- 1.King Curtis with Curley HamnerAir-Raid
- 2.King Curtis & The Noble KnightsSoul Twist
- 3.King Curtis And The Noble KnightsTwisting Time
- 4.King Curtis & The Noble KnightsWobble Twist
- 5.King Curtis And The Noble KnightsTwisting With The King
- 6.Choker Campbell And BandWalking On My Thin Sole Shoes
- 7.Choker Campbell And BandWalk Awhile
- 8.Lee Cooper & The Soul RockersWiggle Wobble
- 9.Willis Jackson And Band With Bill JenningsGood To The Bone
- 10.Willis Jackson And Band With Bill JenningsMaking It
- 11.Noble WattsJookin
- 12.Noble Watts & June BatemanWhat Ya Gonna Do
- 13.King Curtis with Bobby Davis And The Rhythm RockerThe Monkee Shout
- 14.King Curtis with Bobby Davis And The Rhythm RockerGet With It
- 15.King Curtis & The Noble KnightsMidnight Blue
Recording information: New York, NY (1960-1964).
Unknown Contributor Roles: Choker Campbell; Noble Knights; Curley Hamner; Bobby Davis ; June Bateman; King Curtis; Noble "Thin Man" Watts; Willis "Gator" Jackson; Bill Jennings.
Here's an interesting set of singles featuring the great tenor saxophonist recording for various Bobby Robinson imprints. His big hit "Soul Twist" (this is the stereo remix, lacking a bit in bite from the original 45) is the centerpiece, but Curtis also sits in with Les Cooper on "Wiggle Wobble" (again the stereo mix, but sounding just fine), and tracks with Choker Campbell, Noble Watts, Curley Hammer, and Willis Jackson demonstrate what an adaptable musical giant the man truly was. Transfers vary from track to track, and again, like most early Collectables packages, there are no liner notes to speak of, but the music will have you dancing across the room. ~ Cub Koda
Barbara GeorgeI Know (You Don't Love Me No More) - Golden Classics (CD)
$7.98 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 53,377
- UPC: 090431511923
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER SALE
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER SALE
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER SALE
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3 CYBER SALE
- 10 Years The Autumn Effect (CD) ~ $6.92 CYBER SALE