Bobby Hackett Live at the Roosevelt Grill, Volume 2
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: December 3, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Chiaroscuro Records
- 1.Thou Swell
- 2.Things Ain't What They Used to Be
- 3.It's Wonderful
- 4.Lover Come Back to Me
- 5.If I Could Be With You One Hour Tonight
- 6.Jitterbug Waltz
- 7.Blue Lou
- 8.I'll Try
- 10.A String of Pearls
- 11.More Than You Know
- 12.Just You, Just Me
- 13.'S Wonderful - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone - (previously unreleased)
- 15.Time to Love, A - (previously unreleased)
- 16.Easter Parade - (previously unreleased)
- 17.I May Be Wrong - (previously unreleased)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Bobby Hackett (cornet); Vic Dickenson (trombone); Dave McKenna (piano); Jack Lesberg (bass); Cliff Leeman (drums); Milt Hinton.
Recorded live at The Roosevelt Grill, New York, New York in April and May 1970.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
For a few months in 1970, cornetist Bobby Hackett led one of the finest working groups of his career, a quintet with co-leader Vic Dickenson on trombone, pianist Dave McKenna, bassist Jack Lesberg and drummer Cliff Leeman. Fortunately, the band's long stint at the Roosevelt Grill Hotel was extensively recorded by producer Hank O'Neal; some of it was issued on LP and much more will probably come out on CD. Hackett and Dickenson made an ideal team, both having mellow tones, fluent styles and sly wits. This CD has the dozen songs on the original LP and five selections never issued before, and is easily recommended to fans of mainstream jazz; highlights include "Thou Swell," "It's Wonderful," "A String of Pearls," "Just You Just Me" and "Easter Parade." ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE