Dinah Shore Dinah, All the Way
- Released: April 6, 1998
- Label: Jasmine Music
- 1.Saint Louis Blues / I Got A Man / Shake, Rattle And Roll / Let The Good Times Roll / Boogie Blues / Blues In The Night / Dinella Blues
- 2.When Day Is Done
- 3.Music, Maestro, Please!
- 4.Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
- 5.Somebody, Somewhere
- 6.Falling in Love With Love
- 7.All the Way
- 9.These Foolish Things
- 10.Mountain High, Valley Low
- 11.Roll On, Mississippi, Roll On
- 12.When I Fall in Love
- 13.Spring Will Be a Little Late This Year
- 14.It Never Entered My Mind
- 15.I Can Dream, Can't I?
- 16.Bali Hai
- 17.Tall Hope
- 18.My Man's Gone Now
- 19.Start the New Year Right
Liner Note Author: Bernard Taylor.
Recording information: 01/19/1958-10/14/1962.
Dinah Shore made records, appeared on radio, starred in movies, and had her own TV show. Although her television work could be considered her greatest triumph, all of these aspects feature her singing. At the time of these broadcasts (the 1950s), she was a veteran of the art. She belts out blues medleys with confidence, freely shouting classics like "Blues in the Night" and "St. Louis Blues" in paraphrased arrangements that smack of a boogie beat.
Elsewhere, Shore demonstrates an aptitude for torch songs and Latin melodies. Early on, her chores included trilling with Xavier Cugat's Cuban style dance orchestra, handling exotic treatments in "Baia" and "Falling in Love With Love." The arrangements are flowery settings for her jewel tone.
Warner Bros. and the Homefront Collection (This Is The Army... (DVD)(18)
$9.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE