Four Star Playhouse - Volume 1 - Dick Powell Anthology: Go Ahead and Jump (1954) / The House Always Wins (1955) / A Place Full of Strangers (1955) / The Witness (1953)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- The Adventures of Dante ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- Four Star Playhouse - Volume 2: An Operation in Money (1954) / Detective's Holiday (1954) / Watch... ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- Four Star Playhouse - Volumes 1-4 (4-DVD) ~ $14.00 (Save 56%)
- Zane Grey Theatre - Complete 1st Season (4-DVD) ~ $25.62
- Series originally aired 1952-1956
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 25, 2006
- Originally Released: 1950
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (unspecified) - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Jack Benny, Dick Powell, Charles Bronson & Dina Merrill|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Powell's role as a television actor-producer magnate began with the formation of Four Star Productions in 1952. The debut offering of what would become a persuasive and powerful force within the newly developing television industry was the anthology series, "Four Star Playhouse" (1952-1956). Powell oversaw production and appeared as various characters along side alternating stars Charles Boyer, David Niven and Ida Lupino. At the time of this death in 1963, Powell had directed five feature films, Split Second (1953), The Conqueror (1956), You Can't Run Away From It (1956), The Enemy Below (1957) and The Hunters (1958).
Go Ahead and Jump (1954): Mason, a flip cab driver with a secret heart of gold, has a forlorn passenger determined to commit suicide. Starring Dick Powell, William Johnstone, Joanne Jordan, George D. Wallace and Robert Bice.
The House Always Wins (1955): Willie Dante, owner of a underground gambling casino, is tipped off by a former lover of an impending robbery. Starring Dick Powell, Jack Benny, Jean Willes, Herb Virgran, Regis Toomey, Alan Mowbray and Tristram Coffin.
A Place Full of Strangers (1955): An overworked businessman, desperate for a break, takes an unplanned bus trip in an attempt to escape his responsibilities. Starring Dick Powell, Dina Merrill, Morris Ankrum and Frieda Inescort.
The Witness (1953): Playboy Defense Attorney Donagin must track down a key witness to save the life of an innocent young man. Starring Dick Powell, Charles Bronson (as Charles Buchinsky) and Marion Carr.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 6,935
- UPC: 089218510198
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE