- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 23, 2009
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: Troma
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: That's Our Mad Dog - a conversation with writer/director Philippe Mora and star Dennis Hopper
- Interview with director of photography Mike Molloy (Hardcore)
- Interview with associate producer Richard Brennan (Long Weekend)
- Introduction by Philippe Mora
- Mad Dog Morgan locations featurette
- Rare radio interview with Philippe Mora
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A.V. Club - 01/06/2010
"MAD DOG MORGAN is a film of blood, dirt, sprawling vistas, and a well-placed disrespect for authority." -- Grade: B+
Dennis Hopper plays Morgan - an 1800s Australian outlaw who is wanted at any price, dead or alive. This movie has such maniacal intensity that it will keep you on the edge of your seat during this action-packed thriller.
Dennis Hopper portrays the title character in this adventure from down under.
Young Daniel Morgan slaves away his life as an Australian gold miner. He has an early education in haves and have-nots after he witnesses a gang of racist thugs burn down the Chinese camp near his workplace.
Later, Morgan is imprisoned and beaten. He leaves jail only to follow his true vocation as a plains robber and, eventually, receives the nickname "Mad Dog" for his eccentric ways.
His dubious celebrity shows signs of fading, though, when a weathered investigator and a mob pick up his crime-ridden trail.
- Based on the book "Morgan the Bold Bushranger" by Margaret Carnegie.
- A B. E. F. release of a Motion Picture Company production.
- Filmed in Panavision. Shot in Australia.