- Released: May 14, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Varese Sarabande
- 1.Logos / Pranking The Natives ([3:01])
- 2.Spock Drops, Kirk Jumps ([1:43])
- 3.Sub Prime Directive* ([2:23])
- 4.London Calling ([2:09])
- 5.Meld - merized ([2:40])
- 6.The Kronos Wartet ([5:25])
- 7.Brigadoom ([3:41])
- 8.Ship To Ship ([2:50])
- 9.Earthbound and Down ([2:37])
- 10.Warp Core Values ([2:56])
- 11.Buying The Space Farm ([3:17])
- 12.The San Fran Hustle ([5:00])
- 13.Kirk Enterprises* ([3:00])
- 14.Star Trek Main Theme* ([3:25])
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Audio Mixer: Joel Iwataki.
Liner Note Authors: J.J. Abrams; Michael Giacchino.
Recording information: Newman Scoring Stage, 20th Century Fox Studios, Los Ang.
Composed by longtime J.J. Abrams collaborator Michael Giacchino, who also composed the music for series like Alias, Lost, and Fringe, as well as the previous installment of the rebooted Star Trek, the score to Star Trek: Into Darkness follows the re-imagined franchise out of the realm of sci-fi and into the world of action. Filled with tension and urgency, Giacchino's huge score builds a kind of tension and urgency that feels right at home in this new Trek universe, playing to the film's strength as a thrill-a-minute action adventure and making for a fine analogue to its original series predecessor, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Definitely worth a listen for Star Trek fans, especially those willing to accept this new take on the Trek universe with open arms (and ears). ~ Gregory Heaney