Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 3 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 7, 2013
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
- Note: Blu-ray exclusive: Immersive maximum movie mode the phenomenon: the comic that changed comics the original graphic novel's groundbreaking impact
- Real super heroes, real vigilantes - explores how the saga's characters are mirrored in historical and contemporary real-life behavior
- Mechanics: technologies of a fantastic world
- Immerse yourself in all 11 Watchmen video journals
- My Chemical Romance "Desolation Row" music video
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 02/26/2009
3.5 stars out of 5 -- "[Snyder is] tremendous at directing action....The Comedian's deadly opening sequence is a masterpiece of fight choreography..."
Variety - 02/26/2009
"Whether it's Dreiberg's flying owl ship or the staggering glass palace Dr. Manhattan conjures up on Mars, the filmmakers have spared no expense in their mission to visualize every frame."
Premiere - 02/27/2009
4 stars out of 4 -- "The film really does the graphic novel justice....The music is perfect....Snyder did a great job creating a film that's loyal to both the source material and his own style."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/04/2009
4 stars out of 4 -- "[A] compelling visceral film -- sound, images and characters combined into a decidedly odd visual experience that evokes the feel of a graphic novel."
Wall Street Journal - 03/06/2009
"[T]he production as a whole is impressive. So is the eclectic soundtrack, which ranges from Philip Glass and Leonard Cohen to Bob Dylan and Paul Simon."
Entertainment Weekly - 03/13/2009
"[A] teemingly ambitious, jam-packed movie....The opening-credit sequence has a marvelous audacity, as it packs in the story of how the Minutemen -- masked crime fighters of the 1940s -- gave rise to their more nihilistic counterparts in the '50s."
Rolling Stone - 03/19/2009
"[There are] flashes of visual brilliance and performances, especially from Haley and Crudup, that drill deep into the novel's haunted soul."
Total Film - 04/01/2009
4 stars out of 5 -- "[A] labour-of-love, epic, stylish, violent and very, very faithful....Even under a luminous layer of CG muscle, Billy Crudup's beautifully subtle performance hides electric flickers of pain in the impressive face of quantum superman Dr. Manhattan."
Comic Book |
Murder Investigations |
Murder Mysteries |