Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 7, 2013
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
- Note: Special features on Blu-ray:
- Picture-in-picture commentary featuring Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms and Todd Phillips
- Cursing mash-ups: hilarious compilation of all the @#$%! cursing in the @#$%! film
- Iron Mike online teaser: the champ's rendition of "in the air tonight"
- Additional special features:
- More pictures from the missing camera - more photos exposing the events from the night of mayhem
- Map of destruction - retrace each step the guys took during their fate-filled evening and see the real locations, learn about Las Vegas lore and see the filming that took place there
- The madness of Ken Jeong - Ken Jeong's nonstop hilarious improv
- Action mash-up - compilation of the physical comedy from the film
- Three best friends song - Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis "freestyle" their own song
- The Dan Band! - The Dan band performs "Fame"
- Gag reel
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Ed Helms &
Rob Riggle &
Todd Phillips &
Jon Lucas &
Executive Production by
Chris Bender &
Variety - 05/24/2009
"THE HANGOVER is surprisingly clever as well as R-rated rowdy....Helmoer Todd Phillips grabs attention right from the get-go with an edgy-funny prologue that triggers an extended flashback."
Hollywood Reporter - 05/24/2009
"[A] piercingly funny, twisted 'whatever-happens-in-Vegas' caper....It's the deadpan comic timing of director Phillips and his terrific cast that's ultimately responsible for THE HANGOVER's lasting effect."
Box Office - 05/29/2009
4 stars out of 5 -- "Todd Phillips has directed a nasty, brutish and brilliant comedy for louts..."
Entertainment Weekly - 06/12/2009
"Zach Galifianakis makes blinkered idiocy a cartoon rush..." -- Grade: B
Chicago Sun-Times - 06/03/2009
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "THE HANGOVER is a funny movie, flat out, all the way through....Here is a movie that deserves every letter of its R rating."
Washington Post - 06/05/2009
"What makes HANGOVER so funny is watching these hapless fools trying to piece together a lost night, forensic clue by forensic clue
USA Today - 06/05/2009
3 stars out of 4 -- "THE HANGOVER proves that high concept, done right, can work deliriously well. Its simple premise, executed via an off-kilter narrative structure, is made even more absurdly funny by an offbeat cast."
Los Angeles Times - 06/05/2009
"[T]here is a sort of perverse brilliance or brilliant perverseness to be found in this story of a bachelor party gone terribly wrong."
New York Times - 06/05/2009
"[O]ften very funny. This is partly thanks to the three principal actors, Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis, who incarnate familiar masculine stereotypes in ways that manage to be moderately fresh as well as soothingly familiar."
Movieline - 06/03/2009
"There's definite chemistry there between Ed Helms, Bradley Cooper and Zach Galifianakis. The script is a dream for a comedic actor, filled with opportunities for all three leads to shine, and all three do."
Premiere - 06/04/2009
4 stars out of 4 -- "[A] very funny and fast-paced detective story."
Total Film - 06/09/2009
4 stars out of 5 -- "[T]here's oodles of verbal humour...Jon Lucas and Scott Moore's inventively profane script missing few opportunities to tickle the funny bone as it charts the deranged aftermath of the ultimate Sin City stag night.
By all rights, THE HANGOVER should have been a minor success that did satisfactory box office and lived on through beer-laden guys' night viewings. The marquee boasts no big-name stars, and the premise--an alcohol-soaked bachelor party--seems tried and tired. But OLD SCHOOL director Todd Phillips's boys-night-out comedy is a blockbuster revelation that revels in raunchy jokes and happily leaves the border of propriety behind. Groom-to-be Doug (Justin Bartha, NATIONAL TREASURE) has planned an epic night in Las Vegas with his two best friends, Phil (Bradley Cooper, YES MAN) and Stu (Ed Helms, THE OFFICE), and his fiancée's awkward brother, Alan (comedian Zach Galifianakis). But it turns out that they partied a little too hard: Phil, Stu, and Alan wake up the next morning with a missing groom, a tiger in the hotel-room bathroom, a baby in the closet, and no memory of the night before.
Though the funny script glories in the gutter, the credit for most of the film's laughs goes to the excellent cast. Phillips's OLD SCHOOL had Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, and Luke Wilson, but even though THE HANGOVER's cast members aren't A-listers (yet), they're just as talented. Cooper and Helms have gotten laughs in WEDDING CRASHERS and THE OFFICE, respectively, but the perfectly awkward Galifianakis is a hilarious surprise. THE HANGOVER is sure to please everyone in the audience, except the easily offended who will cringe from the film's foul first moments to its over-the-top closing credits.
Las Vegas, Nevada |
Theatrical Release |