Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 8 hours, 5 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 7, 2013
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
- Note: Disc 1 - Movie with Focus Points
- Gotham Uncovered: Creation of a Scene - Director Christopher Noland and Creative Collaborators Unmask the Incredible detail and planning behind the film, Including Stunt Staging, Filming in IMAX, the New Bat-suit and Bat-pod
- Exclusive Features Via BD-Live!
- Disc 2 - Special Features - Batman Tech - The Incredible Gadgets and Tools Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of The Dark Knight - Delve into the Psyche of Bruce Wayne and the World of Batman Through Real-World Psychotherapy
- Gotham Tonight - 6 Episodes of Gotham Cable's Premier News Program
- The Galleries- The Joker Cards, Concept Art, Poster Art, Production Stills, Trailers and TV Spots
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Christian Bale &
Anthony Michael Hall,
Michael Jai White &
Christopher Nolan &
Hans Zimmer &
James Newton Howard
Christopher Nolan &
David S. Goyer
Emma Thomas &
Director of Photography:
Executive Production by
Kevin De La Noy,
Michael Uslan &
Academy Awards 2009 -
Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger
USA Today - 07/18/2008
4 stars out of 4 -- "THE DARK KNIGHT is a more thrilling, intelligent, morally complex and masterfully crafted film than any summer blockbuster in recent years. It's probably the best superhero movie to date."
Los Angeles Times - 07/17/2008
"Always a consummate professional, Ledger threw himself into a role he clearly relished, giving a transfixing performance..."
New York Times - 07/18/2008
"Pitched at the divide between art and industry, poetry and entertainment, it goes darker and deeper than any Hollywood movie of its comic-book kind..."
Entertainment Weekly - 07/25/2008
"[T]he movie exudes a predatory glamour that makes the comic-book films that have come before it look all the more like kid stuff." -- Grade: A-
Empire - 09/01/2008
5 stars out of 5 -- "[A]n anarchic, malevolent fury of a movie....Ledger's Joker is pure, powerful, immense..."
Premiere - 07/18/2008
"[A] sleek detective story....Bale and Eckhart centralize the movie's thematic concerns, causing the Joker's outrageousness to stand out."
Sight and Sound - 10/01/2008
"This last development is a fine example of Nolan's flair for multivalent plot points....Nolan is aided by strong performances. Bale is focused, intense and committed to being terrifying..."
Film Comment - 11/01/2008
"Working from Michael Mann's visual template and seemingly indebted to the hard-nosed savagery of THE DEPARTED, Christopher Nolan's second BATMAN installment has some thrilling moments..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 12/05/2008
"The best of all the Batmans, Christopher Nolan's haunted film leaps beyond its origins and becomes an engrossing tragedy."
Rolling Stone - 01/08/2008
Ranked #3 in Rolling Stone's 'Movies Of The Year' -- "[A] Batman movie that offers enough moral relativism to give you knightmares."
Entertainment Weekly - 12/26/2008
Included in Entertainment Weekly's 2008 Films Of The Year -- "[A] triumph of comic-book relevance, starring Christian Bale as a superhero uneasy with his calling in a city anesthetized to matter-of-fact evil..."
Good Vs. Evil |
Theatrical Release |