Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 17, 2009
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Dreamworks Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: Galactopedia
- Historical Documents: The Story of Galaxy Quest
- Never Give Up, Never Surrender: The Intrepid Crew of the NSEA Protector
- By Grabthar's Hammer, What Amazing Effects
- Alien School: Creating the Thermian Race Actors in Space
- Sigourney Weaver Raps
- Deleted Scenes
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Spanish
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Never give up, never surrender!"
- Captain Jason Nesmith (Tim Allen)
Variety - 12/20/1999
Premiere - 06/01/2000
"...The expert cast is more than game. Extra points to [Rickman and Weaver]..." -- 3 out of 5 stars
USA Today - 05/01/2000
"...Genuinely imaginative special effects which manage to recognisably in the spirit of the cheesy originals..."
Box Office - 02/01/2000
"...This tightly scripted, lightning-paced laffer delightfully pulls all the elements together and builds to a giddy and gleeful climax..."
Los Angeles Times - 12/24/1999
"...Fast, light and funny, GALAXY QUEST has a wide, generation-spanning appeal -- and you don't have to be a die-hard Trekkie to enjoy it..."
Entertainment Weekly - 04/28/2000
"...[With] Enrio Colantoni scoring as a marble-mouthed alien; and a deeply funny Sam Rockwell as the crew member-extra..."
Wall Street Journal - 07/19/2013
"The screenplay -- a sacred text for lovers of comedy -- was written by David Howard and Robert Gordon."
GALAXY QUEST is a satirical comedy that pokes fun at the influence science fiction shows such as STAR TREK have had on their audience. The cast members of the cult sci-fi television series GALAXY QUEST now earn their livings appearing at conventions and grand openings, led by their bombastic captain Jason Nesmith, played by Tim Allen. When an alien race--the Thermians--arrives on earth, it appears that they have mistakenly appropriated the show's culture as their own, thinking the series was actual fact. Desperate for help in battling the evil General Sarris, they bring the actors with them into space to save their planet. A surprisingly smart and funny send-up of the science-fiction culture and the influence television has on the world at large, GALAXY QUEST is a comedy that even nongenre fans can enjoy, with terrific turns by Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Sam Rockwell, and Tony Shalhoub.
- Shot in Los Angeles, California, and Goblin Valley, Utah.