Harry James Bandstand Memories 1938-1948 (3-CD)
|You Save:||$3.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (3 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: November 1, 1994
- Label: Hindsight Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Ciribiribin (They're So in Love)
- 2.The Sheik of Araby
- 3.Begin the Beguine
- 4.Limehouse Blues
- 5.Some of These Days
- 6.I Surrender, Dear
- 7.King Porter Stomp
- 8.Don't Worry 'Bout Me - (featuring Connie Haines)
- 9.Stardust - (featuring Frank Sinatra)
- 10.Fannie May
- 11.Wishing (Will Make It So) - (featuring Frank Sinatra)
- 12.All of Me - (featuring Connie Haines)
- 13.If I Didn't Care - (featuring Frank Sinatra)
- 14.Lamp Is Low, The - (featuring Frank Sinatra)
- 15.My Love for You - (featuring Frank Sinatra)
- 16.Moon Love - (featuring Frank Sinatra)
- 17.Two O'Clock Jump
- 18.This Is No Dream - (featuring Frank Sinatra)
- 19.When You Wish upon a Star - (featuring Dick Haymes)
- 20.How High the Moon - (featuring Dick Haymes)
- 21.Alice Blue Gown
- 22.When the Swallows Come Back to Capistrano - (featuring Dick Haymes)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Interview With Harry James over World Radio, Boston, Massachusetts ...
- 2.Afraid to Say Hello - (featuring Dick Haymes)
- 3.Skylark - (featuring Helen Forrest)
- 4.Carnival of Venice
- 5.One Dozen Roses - (featuring Johnny MacAfee)
- 6.I've Heard That Song Before - (featuring Helen Forrest)
- 7.I Had the Craziest Dream - (featuring Helen Forrest)
- 8.You Made Me Love You
- 9.Mister Five by Five - (featuring Helen Forrest)
- 10.Strictly Instrumental
- 11.Sleepy Lagoon
- 12.Daybreak - (featuring Johnny MacAfee)
- 13.I'll Be With You in Apple Blossom Time - (featuring Helen Forrest)
- 14.Jump Sauce
- 15.Ain't Misbehavin'
- 16.Prince Charming
- 18.Chelsea Bridge
- 19.Where or When - (featuring Helen Ward)
- 20.It's Been So Long - (featuring Helen Ward)
- 21.Moten Swing
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.9:20 Special
- 2.Loveless Love
- 3.St. Louis Blues
- 4.I'll Get By (As Long as I Have You) - (featuring Buddy Divito)
- 5.On the Alamo
- 6.It Could Happen to You - (featuring Kitty Kallen)
- 8.Flatbush Flanagan
- 10.I'll Walk Alone - (featuring Kitty Kallen)
- 11.If I Loved You - (featuring Buddy Divito)
- 12.11:60 P.M. - (featuring Kitty Kallen)
- 13.Oh, Lady Be Good
- 14.I'm Beginning to See the Light - (featuring Kitty Kallen)
- 15.I'll Buy That Dream - (featuring Kitty Kallen)
- 17.I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - (featuring Buddy Divito)
- 18.It's the Talk of the Town
- 20.Deep Purple
Personnel: Harry James (trumpet); Johnny MacAfee (vocals, alto saxophone); Connie Haines, Haymes Forrest, Dick Haymes, Frank Sinatra (vocals); Hayden Causey, Benny Heller, Bryan "Red" Kent, Allan Reuss, Tiny Timbrell (guitar); Alex Nieman, Allan Harshman (violin, viola); Cy Bernard (violin, cello); Sam Freed, Mischa Russell, Jack Gootkin, John DeVoogdt, Gerald Joyce, Nick Pisani, Ray Martinez, Ernest Karpati, Alex Pevsner, Sam Rosenblum, Harry Jawarski, George Grossman, Felix Slatkin, Ralph Lane, Gershon Oberstein, Larry Kurkdjie, Cyril Towbin, Hal Korn, Edward Bergman, Jerry Reisler, Abraham Hochstein, Jack Lee , Herschel Burke Gilbert, Paul Leonkron, Sol Giskin, Joe Barbary, Peter Ellis, Leo Zorn, Alex Beller, Sam Caplan, Glenn Herzer, Olcott Vail, Marshall Sosson, Mike Russell, Bob Bain, Harry Bluestone (violin); David Sterkin, David Amsterdam, Dave Uchitel, Gareth "Garry" Nuttycombe, Raymond Menhennick, Bill Spear, All Neiman, Fred Groener, Maurice Perlmutter (viola); Carl Ziegler, Fred Goerner, Julius Tannenbaum, Al Friede (cello); Al Pelligrini, Willie Smith (clarinet, alto saxophone); Polly Polfrani (clarinet); Corky Corcoran (oboe, tenor saxophone); Claude Lakey (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Chuck Gentry, Johnny Mezey (alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Howard Davis , Dave Mathews, Murray Williams, Sam Marowitz, Les Robinson (alto saxophone); King Guion, Drew Page, Sam Sachelle, Clint Davis, Hugo Loewenstern, Bill Luther (tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); Arthur Rollini, Stuart Burner, Jimmy Cook, Clifton Jackson , Herbie Haymer, Johnny Fresco, Sam Donahue, Babe Russin, Vido Musso (tenor saxophone); Bob Poland, Mario Babidillo, George Davis, Morton Friedman, Harry Carney (baritone saxophone); Ziggy Elman (trumpet, trombone); Manny Klein, James Grimes, Leonard Corris, Al Cuozzo, Al Ramsey, Everett McDonald, Mario Serritello, Hal Moe, Ralph Osborn , Paul Geil, Tom Gonsoulin, Ian Rasey, Al Stearns, Red Berkens, Pinky Savitt, Carl Berg, James Troutman, Jack Palmer, Jack Schaeffer, Buzz King, Vince Badale, Vern Rowe, Jimmy Salko, Claude Bowen, Jimmy Campbell , Neal Hefti, Sonny Berman , Zeke Zarchy, Nick Buono, Charlie Teagarden (trumpet); Richard Perissi, Willard Culley, Fred Waldron, Phil Palmer, Vincent DeRosa, John Cave (French horn); Dick Noel, Dalton Rizzotto, Vic Hamann, Truett Jones, David Robbins , Don Boyd, Jesse Heath, Joe Ferrill, Hoyt Bohannon, Charles Preble, Ray Heath, Bruce Squires, Eddie Kusby, Marshal Cram, William Granzow, Murray McEachern, Russ Brown, Si Zentner, Vernon Brown, Harry Rodgers, Harry DiVito (trombone); Juan Tizol (valve trombone); Bruce McDonald, Stanley Wrightsman, Al Lerner, Jack Gardner, Jess Stacy, Arnold Ross, Charlie Queener (piano); Frank Bode, Ray Toland, Dave Tough, Dave Coleman, Ralph Hawkins, Jr., Carl Maus, Buddy Combine, Micky Scrima, Billy Exner, Nick Fatool (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Pete Kline; Brad McCuen.
Recording information: 04/02/1938-11/30/1948.
Editor: John Jungklaus.
Arrangers: Jack Mathias; Bob Friedlander; Gray Rains; Ernie Wilkins; Paul Villepigue; Claude Lakey; Marge Gibson ; Harry James; Herschel Burke Gilbert; Dave Mathews; Frank Davenport; Jack Haskell; Jimmy Mundy; Johnny Richards ; Juan Tizol; Leroy Holmes; Louie Bellson; Neal Hefti; Nelson Riddle; Andy Gibson ; Paul Weston; Ray Conniff; Russell Garcia ; Sam Donahue; Shorty Rogers; Frank DeVol; Thad Jones; Billy May.
This very interesting three-CD set features trumpeter Harry James's Orchestra on a variety of previously unreleased radio broadcast performances. While there are many vocals from Frank Sinatra (in his pre-Tommy Dorsey days), Helen Forrest and Kitty Kallen, it is the instrumentals that are of greatest interest, particularly the earliest tracks which date from the period before James really hit it big. Many of these songs were not recorded commercially by the trumpeter and this strong jazz-oriented set is highly recommended to swing fans. ~ Scott Yanow
Harry JamesI've Heard That Song Before: The Hits of Harry James (2-CD)
$16.04 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE