The Feeling of Jazz
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
20 copies available
|You Save:||$6 (55% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 10, 2001
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: 1201 Music
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Taffy Twist
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Flirtibird
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Smada
- $0.99 on iTunes4.What Am I Here For?
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Take the "A" Train
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I'm Gonna Go Fishin'
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Boo-Dah
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Black and Tan Fantasy
- $0.99 on iTunes9.The Feeling of Jazz
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Jump For Joy
- $0.99 on iTunes11.I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart / Don't Get Around Much Anymore
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Duke Ellington (piano); Ray Nance (vocals, trumpet, cornet, violin); Russell Procope (alto saxophone, clarinet); Johnny Hodges (alto saxophone); Jimmy Hamilton (tenor saxophone, clarinet); Paul Gonsalves (tenor saxophone); Harry Carney (baritone saxophone, clarinet); Cat Anderson, Bill Berry, Harold Baker, Roy Burrowes (trumpet); Lawrence Brown, Chuck Connors, Leon Cox, Buster Cooper (trombone); Aaron Bell (bass); Sam Woodyard (drums).
Recorded at Bell Studio in New York City on February 13, May 24 & 25, and July 3, 1962. Includes liner notes by Stanley Dance.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Duke Ellington (piano); Ray Nance (vocals, violin, trumpet, cornet); Russell Procope (clarinet, alto saxophone); Jimmy Hamilton (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Harry Carney (clarinet, baritone saxophone); Johnny Hodges (alto saxophone); Paul Gonsalves (tenor saxophone); Harold Baker, Bill Berry , Roy Burrowes, Cat Anderson (trumpet); Chuck Conners, Leon Cox, Lawrence Brown , Chuck Connors, Buster Cooper (trombone); Sam Woodyard (drums).
Liner Note Author: Stanley Dance.
Recording information: Belle Studios, New York, NY (02/13/1962-07/03/1962); Bells Studios, New York, NY (02/13/1962-07/03/1962).
Photographer: Herman Leonard.
By 1962, Ellington was well into his third-stream phase, adding more and more influences from classical, European art, and various indigenous musics to his work, while simultaneously incorporating elements of nearly every jazz, blues, and gospel form which had come before. It's no wonder that by this time, Ellington preferred the term "black classical music" to "jazz." Even Ellington standards like "Take the A Train" and "Black and Tan Fantasy" are rearranged here to reveal previously unexplored facets. The orchestra, which by this point featured players who had been with Ellington for over two decades, plays as if controlled by one mind.
Classic Musicals 50 Movie Pack - 12 Disc Set (12-DVD)(54)
$17.98 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 11,085
- UPC: 660652903922
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Big Band & Swing genre:
- Benny Goodman Let's Dance (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Tiny Grimes Tiny Grimes And His Rockin' Highlanders, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Tiny Grimes Tiny Grimes And His Rockin' Highlanders, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Tiny Grimes Tiny Grimes And Friends (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Benny Goodman Solid Gold Instrumental Hits (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE