Duke Ellington And His Orchestra, 1945, Volume Four
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Released: December 1, 1995
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Circle
- 1.Air-Conditioned Jungle
- 2.Pitter Panther Patter
- 3.Frantic Fantasy
- 4.Frantic Fantasy
- 5.Don't You Know I Care (Or Don't You Care to Know)
- 6.Don't You Know I Care (Or Don't You Care to Know)
- 7.Don't You Know I Care (Or Don't You Care to Know)
- 8.I Ain't Got Nothin' But the Blues
- 9.I Ain't Got Nothin' But the Blues
- 10.I Ain't Got Nothin' But the Blues
- 13.Let the Zoomers Drool
- 14.You Never Know the Things You Miss
- 15.You Never Know the Things You Miss
- 16.Teardrops in the Rain (Rain in Your Eyes) - Duke Ellington, Anderson, William [
- 17.Teardrops in the Rain - Duke Ellington, Anderson, William [
- 18.(Otto Make That) Riff Staccato - Duke Ellington, Orent, Milt
- 19.(Otto Make That) Riff Staccato - Duke Ellington, Orent, Milt
- 20.Otto, Make That Riff Stacatto - Duke Ellington, Orient, Milton
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Duke Ellington (piano); Ray Nance (vocals, violin, trumpet); Al Hillard, Kay Davis, Al Hibbler (vocals); Fred Guy (guitar); Jimmy Hamilton (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Johnny Hodges, Otto Hardwick (alto saxophone); Al Sears (tenor saxophone); Taft Jordan, Shelton Hemphill, Cat Anderson (trumpet); Rex Stewart (cornet); Joe "Tricky Sam" Nanton, Lawrence Brown , Claude Jones (trombone); Hillard Brown (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Jack Towers.
Recording information: New York, NY (01/03/1945-07/31/1945).
Part of a nine-LP series of Duke Ellington's transcriptions for the World Broadcasting System, Volume Four has particularly enjoyable versions of "It Don't Mean a Thing," "Johnny Come Lately" and "Creole Love Call" although, due to the many alternates, it is recomended mostly to true Ellington collectors. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE