Charlie Barnet Leapin' at the Lincoln (Live)
- Released: November 7, 2003
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Fabulous
- 1.The Gal from Joe's - Charlie Barnet, Ellington, Duke
- 2.Midweek Function - Charlie Barnet, Barnet
- 3.Ebony Rhapsody - Charlie Barnet, Coslow, Sam
- 4.Lament for a Lost Love - Charlie Barnet, Bigard, Barney
- 5.The Duke's Idea - Charlie Barnet, Barnet
- 6.Leapin' at the Lincoln - Charlie Barnet, Barnet
- 7.Shake, Rattle and Roll (Afternoon of a Moax) - Charlie Barnet, Barnet
- 8.The Sergeant Was Shy - Charlie Barnet, Ellington
- 9.Ring Dem Bells - Charlie Barnet, Ellington
- 10.The Wild Man of the Fishpond - Charlie Barnet, Bennett
- 11.Wings Over Manhattan, Pt. 1 - Charlie Barnet, May
- 12.Wingds Over Manhattan, Pt. 2 - Charlie Barnet, May
- 13.Merry - Go - Round - Charlie Barnet, Ellington, Duke
- 14.Spanish Kick - Charlie Barnet, Bizet
- 15.Harlem Speaks - Charlie Barnet, Ellington, Duke
- 16.The Moose - Charlie Barnet, Burns
- 17.Pow - Wow (Redskin Rhumba) - Charlie Barnet, Bennett
- 18.Drop Me off in Harlem - Charlie Barnet, Ellington, Duke
- 19.Gulf Coast Blues - Charlie Barnet, Williams, Clarence
- 20.Skyliner - Charlie Barnet, Barnet, Charlie
Personnel includes: Charlie Barnet (arranger, soprano, alto & tenor saxophones, clarinet); Billy May (arranger, trumpet); Buddy De FRanco (alto saxophone, clarinet); Bill Miller, Dodo Mamarosa (piano).
Recorded in New York, New York and Hollywood, California between 1939 & 1944.
Personnel: Charlie Barnet (clarinet, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Bus Etri, Turk VanLake, Barney Kessel (guitar); Buddy DeFranco (clarinet, alto saxophone); Kurt Bloom (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Ray Hopfner, Gene Kinsey, Harold Harzone, Joe Meisner, Leo White, Ray DeGeer, Conn Humphreys, Skip Martin (alto saxophone); Don Cook, Don McCook, Andy Pino, James Lamare, Mike Goldberg (tenor saxophone); Johnny Mendel, Lyman Vunk, Steve Skolnik, Charles Zimmerman, Ford Leary, Jack Mootz, Bob Burnet, George Esposito, Bob Price, Art House, Johnny Martel, Al Killian, Peanuts Holland, Roy Eldridge, Billy May, Bernie Privin, John Owens (trumpet); Dave Hallett, Burt Johnson, Eddie Bert, Tommy Reo, Gerald Foster, Charles Coolidge, Ben Hall , Don Ruppersberg, Ed Fromm, Charles "Spud" Murphy, Ben Pickering, Bob Swift, Porky Cohen, Tommy Pederson , Bill Robertson (trombone); Dodo Marmarosa, Nat Jaffe, Bill Miller (piano); Ray Michaels, Wesley Dean, Harold Hahn, Cliff Leeman (drums).
Recording information: Hollywood, CA (02/24/1939-03/08/1944); New York, NY (02/24/1939-03/08/1944).
Arrangers: Andy Gibson ; Ralph Burns; Ralph Flanagan; Billy May; Charlie Barnet.
Town Hall Concert Featuring Clark Terry (Live) (CD)
The 1950s British Hit Parades: The Hits We Missed (Live) (CD)
$13.27 Super Savings
1957 British Hit Parade: The B Sides Part 1 (4-CD)
$20.91 Super Savings
1957 British Hit Parade: The B Sides Part 2 (4-CD)
$20.91 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!