- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 28, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Virgil Films
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: 13 BAGS OF GARBAGE
- Deletes Scenes
- Production Interviews: Eric Schlosser - Author
- Audio Commentary: Morgan Spurlock - Director
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 05/14/2004
"SUPER SIZE ME is a deliciously amusing socio-culinary prank....Witty, gross, smart, outrageous, and so clever it just about pops."
New York Times - 05/07/2004
"[The film] goes down easy and takes a while to digest, but its message is certainly worth the loss of your appetite."
Los Angeles Times - 05/07/2004
"SUPER SIZE ME packs a lot of good information, witty visual aids and expert testimonials into its fast 96 minutes..."
USA Today - 05/07/2004
"Riveting and darkly comic SUPER SIZE ME is a whip-smart documentary in the tradition of Michael Moore's ROGER & ME."
Rolling Stone - 05/27/2004
"It's one of the blackest comedies to hit the screen since DR.STRANGELOVE. Spurlock proves himself a major talent..."
Movieline's Hollywood Life - 06/01/2004
"[A] hilarious indictment of the nauseating excesses of our increasingly obese society."
Uncut - 10/01/2004
Sight and Sound - 10/01/2004
"[A] rigorously argued portion of investigative journalism that hits the spot, served up with a smile by Spurlock..."
Essential Cinema |
Social Issues |
- Theatrical Release Date: May 7, 2004
- This film screened in March 2004 as part of SXSW in Austin, Texas.