- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: March 21, 2006
- Originally Released: 1935
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Note: This release includes the B&W and Color versions of this film.
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Stereo - English, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Footage: "Movietone News: Shirley Temple's 7th Birthday"
- Trailers: Product Trailers - "Shirley Temple Theatre"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
In the post Civil War South, an embittered old southern gent (Lionel Barrymore) turns his back on his daughter (Evelyn Venable) when she marries the "wrong man." Years later, the daughter returns with her husband and youn daughter (Shirley Temple), the latter of whom manages to mend the broken family ties. She does this by charming him with several charming song and dance numbers, as well as her irresistible personality.
This much loved classic stars Shirley Temple, America's favorite sweetheart as little Lloyd Sherman, the reconciling agent between her dear mother and cantankerous grandfather.
After the Civil War, the daughter of a traditional southern colonel marries a northerner, an act for which her family rejects her. But when Elizabeth's marriage fails, she returns to the south with her clever, darling daughter who manages to endear herself to the crusty Colonel and console her distressed mother. Thanks to little Lloyd, they might just be a family again.
Family (General) |
Tear Jerker |
Theatrical Release |
- Copyright 1935 20th Century Fox Film Corporation. Renewed 1962 20th Century Fox Film Corporation.