- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 4 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: May 27, 2003
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Rhino Theatrical
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Box Set
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Production Interviews: Gary Owens, Ruth Buzzi, Arte Johnson
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Ruth Buzzi &
Jo Anne Worley
Jo Anne Worley &
Description by OLDIES.com:
"Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" was an overnight sensation. With its fast-paced format and continuous barrage of hilarious content and cameo appearances by major celebrities and politicians, the show was a trendsetter. It introduced catch phrases like "You bet your sweet bippy", "Live from downtown Burbank", "Verrry interesting" and "Here come da' Judge." The show also established an impressive cast of then little-known comedians such as Lily Tomlin, Goldie Hawn, Henry Gibson, Gary Owens, Alan Sues, Ruth Buzzi, JoAnne Worley, Arte Johnson and many others who made "Laugh-In" a genuine television classic.
The Best of 'Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In' boxed set one contains episodes 3, 9, 15, 60, 32 and 61 that ran from 1968 through 1970. Guest stars include: Cher, John Wayne, Joey Bishop, Jack Lemmon, Bob Hope, Sammy Davis Jr. and Richard Nixon.
Dan Rowan and Dick Martin produced an innovative strain of TV comedy in the late 1960s with their LAUGH-IN shows, encapsulated in BEST OF ROWAN & MARTIN'S LAUGH-IN. This three-disc box set contains six hour-long comic romps, spanning the years 1968-1970, which marked the era with a quirky brand of universal comedy and attracted an unshakeable audience. The laughs kept coming in a relentless fury, compliments of cast members Lily Tomlin, Goldie Hawn, Henry Gibson, Gary Owens, Alan Suhs, JoAnne Worley, Arte Johnson, and many more. In addition, hosts Rowan and Martin invited a wide variety of eclectic guests to appear, such as Cher, John Wayne, Joey Bishop, Jack Lemmon, Bob Hope, Sammy Davis Jr., and Richard Nixon, all of whose presence lends these shows a strong period flavor.
Sketch Comedy |
Standup Comedy |
Television / TV Series
- The show was never intended to become a weekly series, but after the resounding success of its premiere special, which aired on September 9, 1967, it catapulted itself into a prime time weeknight slot.
- In addition to Rowan & Martin, the only other cast members to last throughout the show's lifetime were Ruth Buzzi and Gary Owens.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 66 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 132,663
- UPC: 603497012220
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item