Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 7, 2013
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Feature Commentary with Director Norman Jewison and Actor Ted Neeley
- Interview with Master Lyricist Tim Rice
- Photo Gallery
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 09/02/2004
An innovative example of modern techniques in moviemaking, this famous rock opera depicts the last week of Christ's life. Norman Jewison (MOONSTRUCK; IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT) directed this thrilling adaptation of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical, starring Ted Neeley as Jesus and Carl Anderson as Judas Iscariot. Among the classic songs in the film are "I Don't Know How to Love Him," "Hosanna," and "King Herod's Song (Try It and See)." The song score was nominated for an Academy Award.
Based on the smash-hit Broadway musical, this colorful adaptation tells the story of a group of teenage actors who travel to Israel to reenact the Passion of Christ. The story is told through a lively and engaging series of song-and-dance numbers.
Stage Play |
- Shot entirely on location in Israel.
- Color by Technicolor; shot in the Todd-AO 35 widescreen process.