- Number of Discs: 3
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 4 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: October 14, 2003
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Rhino Theatrical
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Box Set
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Production Interviews: Allan Sues & Dick Martin
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
"Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" premiered in January 1968. It was fast, bawdy, outrageous, irreverent - and utterly hilarious. Each week it was "very interesting" because you could "bet your bippy" in "beautiful Downtown Burbank" they would exclaim "Here come da' judge" and suggest you "Look that up in your Funk and Wagnalls" - but it was never "boring." Does all of that sound silly? You bet your sweet bippy it was!
Goldie Hawn, Lily Tomlin, Arte Johnson, Ruth Buzzi, JoAnne Worley, Alan Sues, Gary Owens, Henry Gibson, Judy Carne, Flip Wilson, and others made this a television classic.
This second collection contains bits from the Cocktail Party, News of the Past, Present and Future, the Fabulous Farkle family, and Joke Wall, as well as the "quickies," plus running jokes, sight gags, and cameo stars featured in Episodes 16, 52, 54, 64, 65, and 87, which are some of everyone's favorite shows.
A second volume of the uproarious sketch comedy series ROWAN & MARTIN'S LAUGH-IN follows hot on the heels of the hugely successful first boxed set. Six shows are included, spanning the years 1968 to1971. Having totally revolutionized network television's approach to comedy, the show unleashed incessant scenes of hilarity at a breakneck pace. In addition to cast staples Ruth Buzzi and Gary Owens, an awesome array of special guests is wheeled out to help with the laugh-fest, including Zsa Zsa Gabor, Goldie Hawn, Lily Tomlin, Johnny Carson, Danny Kaye, and many more. Although very much of its time, LAUGH-IN eschewed modern comedy trends in order to become a timeless wonder that has spawned several similarly styled shows.
Sketch Comedy |
Standup Comedy |
Television / TV Series
- The show was never intended to become a weekly series, but after the resounding success of its premiere special, which aired on September 9, 1967, it catapulted itself into a prime time weeknight slot.
- In addition to Rowan & Martin, the only other cast members to last throughout the show's lifetime were Ruth Buzzi and Gary Owens.
- Sales Rank: 132,502
- UPC: 603497013623
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 3 items