The Turbans Greatest Hits - When You Dance
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$7.17 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.80 (45% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Dubs ~ Best of The Dubs ~ $9.33
- by The Valentines ~ Best of The Valentines ~ $9.33
- by Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers ~ Their Greatest Recordings (2-CD) ~ $17.90
- by The Ventures ~ The Very Best of The Ventures ~ $9.90
Available in a set:
- by Various Artists ~ Only the Best of the Great Groups, Volume 7 (10-CD Bundle Pack) ~ $42.48
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Turbans may have been most recognizable by their turbanic headgear, but their harmonies were just as distinctive. Comprised of four high school buddies and led by the falsetto of Al Banks, the Turbans were one of the first Philly-based R&B bands to break out to achieve national recognition. This collection brings together their biggest hits, including "When You Dance."
- 1.When You Dance
- 4.All She Wants To Do Is Dance (Bonus Track)
- 5.Bye And Bye
- 7.Three Friends (Bonus Track)
- 8.I'm Nobody's
- 9.Sister Sookey
- 10.I Won't Be Your Fool Anymore (Bonus Track)
- 11.All Of My Love
- 12.It Was A Night Like This
- 13.I'll Always Watch Over You
- 14.Bad Man (Bonus Track)
- 15.Valley Of Love
- 16.Bye And Bye (Outtake, Bonus Track)
- 17.Let Me Show You Around My Heart
- 18.Diamonds And Pearls (Bonus Track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Turbans include: Al Banks, Mathew Platt, Charlie Williams, Andrew "Chet" Jones (vocals).
Inculdes liner notes by Mark Marymont.
Liner Note Author: Mark Marymont.
Philadelphia's Turbans were far more than a novelty act, in spite of the goofy turbans they all wore on-stage, and were instrumental in introducing strong Latin rhythms into mid-'50s doo wop, mostly through the mambo-styled hit "When You Dance" (written by the group's bass voice, Andrew Jones) from 1955. Fronted by Al Banks' soaring falsetto vocals, the Turbans released a half dozen or so strong singles on Al Silver's New York-based Herald Records, all of which are included here along with their B-sides. "When You Dance" was probably the high-water mark, but the Turbans' second single, "Sister Sookey," is almost as good, as is the impressive ballad "I'm Nobody's." All you really need is here. ~ Steve Leggett
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$21.21 LABOR DAY
Ultimate Doo Wop Collection, Volume 1: Top 50 Doo Wop &... (CD)
$10.48 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
Based on 17 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 49,556
- UPC: 090431501924
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $22.49 LABOR DAY
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 101 Strings Orchestra A Portrait Of 'The Lady' (LP) ~ $7.49 LABOR DAY
- 10DB I Second that Emotion / I Second that Emotion (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 2 Black 2 Strong MMG Burn Baby Burn (LP) ~ $4.99 LABOR DAY
Oldies: Doowop Music Categories:
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Jewel Akens Very Best of Jewel Akens (CD) ~ $6.37 LABOR DAY
- The Allures "Acappella" Starlight Sessions, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Allures Doo Wop Memories (Just For You), Acappella Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Lee Andrews & The Hearts / The Capris Lee Andrews & The Hearts Meet The Capris (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE