Jamiroquai Emergency on Planet Earth [Deluxe Edition] (2-CD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.90 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.09 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 19, 2013
- Label: Sony UK
Entertainment Weekly - 8/13/93, p.74"...turn out gritty organic grooves with enthusiasm..." Rating: B+
Q - 3/01, p.1244 stars out of 5 - "...A funky and beautiful record, a contender for best British soul album of the '90s, and frankly better than anything Stevie Wonder has made since HOTTER THAN JULY..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.When You Gonna Learn? (Digeridoo)
- 2.Too Young To Die
- 3.Hooked Up
- 4.If I Like It, I Do It
- 5.Music of the Mind
- 6.Emergency On Planet Earth
- 7.Whatever It is, I Just Can't Stop
- 8.Blow Your Mind
- 9.Revolution 1993
- 10.Didgin' Out
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.When You Gonna Learn? [Cante Hondo Mix]
- 2.When You Gonna Learn? [Live At the Leadmill, Sheffield]
- 3.Too Young To Die [Extended]
- 4.If I Like It, I Do It [Acoustic]
- 5.Emergency On Planet Earth [London Rican Mix]
- 6.Revolution 1993 [Demo Version]
- 7.Didgin' Out [Live At the Milky Way, Amsterdam]
- 8.Brothers Like You [Live At Glastonbury, 1993]
- 9.God Made Me Funky [Live At Glastonbury, 1993]
- 10.Music of the Mind [Live At Glastonbury, 1993]
Personnel: Jay Kay (vocals); Glenn Nightingale, Gavin Dodds, Simon Bartholomew (guitar); Reggae Philharmonic Orchestra (strings); Mike Smith, Gary Barnacie (flute, saxophone); Wallis Buchanan (didjeridoo); John Thirkell (trumpet); Richard Edwards (trombone); Toby Smith (keyboards); Stuart Zender, Andrew Levy (bass); Nick Van Gelder (drums); Kofi Kari Kari, Maurizio (percussion); D.J. Zire (DJ); Linda Lewis, Vanessa Simon (background vocals).
Includes liner notes by Jay Kay.
Personnel: Glenn Nightingale, Gavin Dodds, Simon Bartholomew (guitar); Gary Barnacle (flute, saxophone); Wallis Buchanan (didjeridu); John Thirkell (trumpet, flugelhorn); Richard Edwards (trombone); Toby Smith (keyboards); Nick Van Gelder (drums); Maurizio Ravalio, Kofi Karikari (percussion); DJ Dzire (turntables).
Recording information: Glastonbury (1993); Leadmill, Sheffield (1993); Milky Way, Amsterdam (1993).
Jamiroquai's debut brings together a utopian worldview, funky '70s R&B influences and the liberated sensibility of England's burgeoning acid-jazz movement. The band, led by singer Jason "Jay" Kay, rides a funky groove while spreading a message of peace, love and environmental conscientiousness. The results of this meeting of heart and head range from Brazilian-flavored instrumentals like "Music Of The Mind" to to songs like "If I Like It, I Do It," on which yesterday's jazzy soul is spun around on today's hip-hoppy turntables.
Jamiroquai also flexes its improvisational muscle on two songs that clock in at over eight minutes. On "Blow Your Mind," Kay scats like George Benson, and the band captures the funky flow of "Summer Madness"-era Kool & The Gang. "Revolution 1993" is a 10-minute vamp on self-determination, featuring an Afro-Caribbean rhythm, Herbie Mann-inspired flute, a raging Moog synthesizer and the darting strings of the Reggae Philharmonic Orchestra.
JamiroquaiThe Return of the Space Cowboy [Deluxe Ed.] (2-CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 57 ratings.
Based on 57 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Storm Warning: Philly Original Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD)(2)
$13.95 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE