- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 21, 2012
- Originally Released: 1970
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disney virtual kittens
- Virtual kitten DVD-ROM
- The Aristocrats fun with language games
- The great cat family (excerpt)
- The Sherman brothers
- The Aristocats scrapbook
- Deleted song
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.75
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Set in 1910, this Disney animated classic offers plenty of adventure, humor and music (especially performances by Maurice Chevalier). After high-society cat Duchess (Eva Gabor) and her three kittens inherit a fortune from their mistress, a greedy butler plots to get rid of them--and collect the cash himself. The villainous servant kidnaps the entire feline family and takes them far away from their comfortable Paris home. A bunch of animal pals come to the rescue however, and help restore the cats to their proper place. The heroic rescuers include the friendly alley cat Thomas O'Malley, the gallant mouse Roquefort, and the hilarious hounds Lafayette and Napoleon. THE ARISTOCATS was the last film personally supervised by Walt Disney himself.
Disney Film |
Kidnapping And Missing Persons |
Kids Adventure |
- Theatrical release: 1970.
Rereleased 1980 and 1987.
- THE ARISTOCATS is the 20th full-length animated feature from Walt Disney Pictures.
- Additional voices: Lord Tim Hudson; Thurl Ravenscroft; Dean Clark; Liz English; and Gary Dubin.
- Additional credits: Don Griffith (Layout).
- Color by Technicolor.
- The film was shown with the live-action short "Nick, the Orphan Elephant" during its initial theatrical release.
- The movie cost $4,000,000 to make.