- Released: July 25, 2011
- Label: Big Break
- 1.Big Fun
- 2.I Can't Live Without Your Love
- 3.Get Loose, Get Funky
- 4.Don't Take It Away
- 5.Keep Holding On
- 6.I'll Always Love You
- 7.Bop B Da B Da Da (How Music Came About)
- 8.I Owe It To Myself
- 9.Big Fun
- 10.Zibble, Zibble (Get The Money) (AKA: Get Loose, Get Funky) [Dub-Zibble Money Mix]
- 11.Bop B Da B Da Da (How Music Came About) [Extended Version]
- 12.I Owe It To Myself [Remix]
- 13.Big Fun [Serious Dub Mix]
- 14.Big Fun [Bandolero Mix]
Personnel: Charlie Wilson (vocals, keyboards, percussion, background vocals); Ronnie Wilson (horns, keyboards, percussion, background vocals); Robert Wilson (percussion, background vocals); Dorian Williams, Maxine Waters, Marva Barnes, Julia Tillman Waters, Jimmy Hamilton, Lonnie Simmons , Oliver Scott, Raymond Calhoun, Rudy Taylor (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Michael Moore; Lonnie Simmons ; Rudy Taylor.
Liner Note Author: L. Michael Gipson.
Recording information: Total Experience Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA.
The centerpiece of Gap Band VIII is Charlie Wilson's exuberant performance and scintillating scatting "Everybody Get Funky Get Loose" -- released on single under the title "Zibble Zibble (Get the Money)" it made it into the R&B Top 20. Oddly, neither of these tracks are included on any of the band's widely known greatest-hits sets. Gap Band VIII broke the R&B Top 30. ~ Ed Hogan