Martin Kane Private Eye Volume 1
|CYBER SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Episodes originally aired in 1949-1950
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: April 4, 2006
- Originally Released: 1951
- Label: Alpha Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Lloyd Nolan, William Gargan & Loring Smith|
|Performer:||Frank M. Thomas|
|Directed by||Frank Burns & Peter Maxwell|
|Written by||Henry Kane & Don Sanford|
Description by OLDIES.com:
DOCTORED WILL: John Bixby is killed, and Kane has a hunch that the dead man's last will and testament can help solve the murder.
HOTEL CON GAME: A burlesque queen is strangled at a flophouse operated by a crooked psychic.
MURDER IN THE COURT: A killer on trial shoots the prosecutor in the courtroom with a gun belonging to his defense lawyer.
RECLUSIVE SISTERS: When a solicitor disappears after visiting the home of three shut-in sisters, Kane investigates and finds his mutilated body in a storage trunk.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
These early episodes of "Martin Kane Private Eye" give a wonderful glimpse into a lost world--the world of LIVE TV Drama. To watch these actors and realize the pressure they are under to get it right the first time, is amazing. Not only that, but the technical aspects of the show are a sheer joy. The director and his tech staff work very hard to keep the show from becoming a videoed stage play. I cannot recommend these DVDs enough and a big THANKS to Alpha Video for making these wonderful shows available!
I found this TV series to be very charming in a old-fashioned way. It is a bit slow at times, But for the most part the pacing is good, as is the directing, writing and acting. The plugs for Tobacco just add to the fun, and seem to suit the storylines quite well.
This show was "Kinescope Recorded", NOT videotaped. A "Kinescope Recording" was a primitive way to record LIVE tv shows on film, using a motion picture camera and a TV monitor.
Overall it's quite enjoyable, and much better than some shows on TV today.
Half the fun of watching this very-dated (shot live on weird-looking old videotape) detective show is seeing how they're going to fit in the next plug for "Old Briar." As a mystery, it's an okay show, sometimes a little slow (airing in the days when just the novelty of seeing ANYthing on TV was working for it) but not bad. It's entertaining enough, and worth watching out of historical curiosity. The theme song will drive you crazy, though...
- Sales Rank: 3,229
- UPC: 089218501295
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER SALE
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER SALE
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $10.38 CYBER SALE
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow (CD) ~ 79¢ CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Shoot First (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE