Imaginational Anthem, Volume 1-3 (3-CD)
by Various Artists
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: April 8, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Tompkins Square
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Imaginational Anthem - Max Ochs
- 2.Bouba's Bounce - Brad Barr
- 3.Train Z - Suni McGrath
- 4.Lake Shore Drive (Slight Return) - Harris Newman
- 5.Dorian Sonata - Harry Taussig
- 6.White Mule, Pt. 3 - Jack Rose (live)
- 7.My Thoughts Began to Crystallize - Steve Mann
- 8.The Little Dog's Day - Glenn Jones
- 9.La Cigale - Terry Riley / Gyan Riley
- 10.Low Barometer - Bern Nix
- 11.Celtic Reverie - Bob Hadley
- 12.Daemon Lover Variations - Steve Mann / Janet Smith
- 13.O' Holy Night - John Fahey
- 14.Night After Sidewalk - Kaki King
- 15.[Untitled] - Sandy Bull
- 16.Imaginational Anthem - Max Ochs
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.River of Heaven - James Blackshaw
- 2.Future Shot at the Rainbow - Peter Lang
- 3.Suggestions - Jose Gonzalez
- 4.Light Cycle / Tetrahedra - Jesse Sparhawk
- 5.Leaving the Apple - Michael Chapman
- 6.What Blooms in Summer Dies in Winter - Sean Smith
- 7.Devil's Brew - Fred Gerlach
- 8.Ascend Mem - Christina Carter
- 9.Cross the North Fork, Pt. 2 - Jack Rose
- 10.New World Coming - Billy Faier
- 11.Looking for the Hermit's Cave - Sharron Kraus
- 12.Kowaka d'Amour - Robbie Basho (live)
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Zocalo - Richard Crandell
- 2.Here Toucheth Blues - Ben Reynolds
- 3.Sleep Architecture - Greg Davis
- 4.Bold Ruler's Joys - Nathan Salsburg
- 5.Blue Mountain Raga, Pt. 2 - Steffen Basho-Junghans
- 6.When the Snow Melts and Floats Downstream - Cian Nugent
- 7.Sean Cycle - Matt Baldwin
- 8.Another Fine Day - Mark Fosson
- 9.Goblins - George Stavis
- 10.High Tower Bells for Loren Connors - R. Keenan Lawler
- 11.Texarkana 1971 - Shawn David McMillen
Personnel: Gyan Riley (guitar); Terry Riley (piano).
Liner Note Author: Josh Rosenthal.
Authors: Jon Pareles; John Mulvey; David Fricke.
Photographers: Julie Marr; Andrew Kesin; David Gahr; Susan Salsburg; Paul Parks; Caroline Kershaw.
Arranger: Janet Smith.
After the freak-folk wave--with its emphasis on primitivism and weirdness over chops--crested in the mid '00s, Tompkins Square Records rose to the forefront of outsider acoustic music with a stream of releases and reissues by artists whose one common link was their out-and-out mastery of acoustic string playing. Featuring underground legends and next-generation geniuses, the label was to contemporary folk what Vanguard was to the '60s folk revival.
IMAGINATIONAL ANTHEM, VOLS 1-3 is the label's first box set and compiles three volumes of their incredible IMAGINATIONAL ANTHEM series. Volume One focuses on veterans such as Jack Rose, Sandy Bull, and John Fahey. Volume Two compiles works by contemporary masters such as James Blackshaw and Jose Gonzalez. Volume Three acts as a secret history of modern folk with incredible banjo and guitar picking by the likes of R. Keenan Lawler and George Stavis. An essential purchase for fans of adventurous folk, IMAGINATION ANTHEM VOLS 1-3 is truly transporting acoustic music.
American Songs of The Revolution & Civil War Era (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Songs and Dances of Medieval and Renaissance Times (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE