Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Crawling Hand
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Uncut Version of the Film
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 11, 2002
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Rhino Theatrical
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Single disc double feature, includes both MST3K version and original uncut version without commentary.
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer (For Uncut Version)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Trace Beaulieu & Jim Mallon|
|Featured:||Alan Hale Jr. & Peter Breck|
Description by OLDIES.com:
This is such an early "Mystery Science Theater 3000," that Larry, not Frank, is Dr. Forrester's bumbling assistant. It's sorta like Curly replacing Shemp. Anyway, in The Crawling Hand, an astronaut becomes unglued and blows his ship to smithereens. Some of the wreckage makes its way to Earth, and among the charred remains is the poor clod's hand. While frolicking on the beach, a wild eyed med student, Paul, finds and becomes possessed by the lacerated limb and takes it home - Tom: "Thank goodness he brought a handbag." For a while the two are happy, but eventually things get out of hand (hah, hah). They start to fight, and as Crow says, "It's hand to hand combat." Alan Hale Jr. costars as an overweight sheriff whose brawn surpasses his brain capacity. Gee, now that's a stretch for him.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.