Five (more) classic episodes from the classic TV series.
Customers who purchased this item also bought these:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 31, 2006
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- BOB'S FORGOTTEN FIANCE: Margaret decides to teach her womanizing brother a lesson with a visitor from his past - whom he can't recall.
- BOB GOES TO THE MOON: In an attempt to gain Swedish beauty Ingrid's affection, Bob offers to test pilot a rocket to the moon.
- BOB AND SCHULTZY REUNITE: A ditzy waitress replaces Shultzy after she leaves to take a new job - and Bob has to fight to win her back.
- BOB RETRENCHES: The whole gang is put on a budget after Bob checks his expenses.
- GRANDPA'S OLD BUDDY: Grandpa and his old war buddy take a couple of hot models to Palm Springs - while Bob is headed for hot water!
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
"Love That Bob" (originally titled "The Bob Cummings Show") is a side-splitting comedy that was nominated for six Emmy awards and earned Ann B. Davis two Emmys for her performances. Many celebrities of the day, from George Burns to Joi Lansing, appeared on this highly entertaining show that depicted the sexual mores of the 1950s. Bob Cummings, star of radio, TV and film, plays philandering photographer Bob Collins, a suave playboy who charms his way through a bevy of beauties, while his loyal plain-jane secretary Shultzy (Ann B. Davis) and wacky bean-pole Pamela (Nancy Kulp) both try to seduce him! Disapproving sister Margaret (Rosemary De Camp) and hormone-driven teenaged nephew Chuck (Dwayne Hickman) add to the zany fun that sends the whole gang reeling from one wildly risque romp to the next!
BOB'S FORGOTTEN FIANCE: Margaret decides to teach her womanizing brother a lesson with a visitor from his past - whom he can't recall.
BOB GOES TO THE MOON: In an attempt to gain Swedish beauty Ingrid's affection, Bob offers to test pilot a rocket to the moon.
BOB AND SCHULTZY REUNITE: A ditzy waitress replaces Shultzy after she leaves to take a new job - and Bob has to fight to win her back.
BOB RETRENCHES: The whole gang is put on a budget after Bob checks his expenses.
GRANDPA'S OLD BUDDY: Grandpa and his old war buddy take a couple of hot models to Palm Springs - while Bob is headed for hot water!
This popular sitcom from the 1950s stars the ever youthful Bob Cummings as a photographer playboy who is forever trying and failing to hit it off with one of his gorgeous models. His sister, Margaret (Rosemary DeCamp), attempts to marry him off, while his nephew (Dwayne Hickman) tries his own luck with the ladies; meanwhile, Bob's secretary, Schultzy (Ann B. Davis, THE BRADY BUNCH), worships him from afar. Volume 3 includes the episodes "Bob Goes Birdwatching" and "Bob's Forgotten Fiancée."
Classic Television |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Movie Lover: Lester Boutillier
New Orleans, LA US
-- June, 15, 2010
This is a very witty, very clever, very well-done show, aheasd of its time in the subject matter and the treatment of same. I haven't seen this since it was syndicated in the early 60's, and it plays even better today. Note how the supporting cast all went on to bigger and better things in popular sitcoms of the 60's. And remember that Bob Cummings also directed each episode. He was a perfectionist, and it showed.
- Sales Rank: 18,112
- UPC: 089218499493
- Shipping Weight: 0.23/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Film Collectors & Archivists
: Alpha Video is actively looking for rare and
unusual pre-1943 motion pictures, in good condition, from Monogram, PRC,
Tiffany, Chesterfield, and other independent studios for release on DVD. We
are also interested in TV shows from the early 1950s. Share your passion
for films with a large audience.
Let us know what you have