- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 12, 2007
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Koch Lorber Films
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Subtitles - English (SDH)
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: Behind The Scenes
- Bonus Footage: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Public Service Announcement
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/27/2006
"[T]his is one of the most moving and brutally honest films about suicide ever made....This is an impressive piece of work."
Total Film - 03/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "Steel exercises appropriate visual restraint and sensitively interviews relatives, friends and lovers of the victims....Recommended, if sobering viewing."
Sight and Sound - 03/01/2007
"[T]he footage lends the picture a thematic force far beyond its initial shock value."
Shot over an entire year in 2004, THE BRIDGE is a startling documentary about San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge and the people who go there to end their lives. Director Eric Steel and his crew managed to dissuade some of the tortured souls who peered into the abyss during filming, but also saw plenty of people who did end their lives; they also talk to some of the family members who lost people that year.
- Theatrical Release: October 27, 2006