Forgotten Noir Collector's Set - Series 1 (Arson Inc. / Loan Shark / Shoot To Kill / The Shadow Man / They Were So Young / Portland Expose) (3-DVD)
- Please Murder Me (1956) / A Life At Stake (1954) (Film Noir Double Feature) ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- Two Dollar Bettor ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- Anamorphic Widescreen - Enhanced for 16x9 Monitors
- Original Theatrical Trailers
- Commentary by Assistant Director Lindsley Parsons Jr
- Original Advertising Materials
- Photo Gallery
- Scene Selection
- "Inside Lippert" (Part 1: 1907-1949) as told by Robert L Lipert Jr
- "Loan Shark" audio commentary by Richard M Roberts
- Movie Trivia
- "Inside Lippert" (Part 2: 1950-1976) as told by Robert L Lippert Jr
- Shoot to Kill Schedule & Luana Walters Wardrobe Plot
- Day Player & Stuntman Contracts (Shoot To Kill)
- Original Script - Sample pages with Directors Notes (Shoot To Kill)
- Number of Discs: 3
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 7 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: March 6, 2007
- Originally Released: 1947
- Label: Vci Video
- Note: Disc Set
- Note: This set includes Volumes 1-3 of the FORGOTTEN NOIR Series.
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Helen Westcott, Scott Brady, Frank Gorshin, Virginia Gregg, Paul Stewart, Russ Conway, Lawrence Dobkin, Anne Gwynne, Raymond Burr, Dorothy Hart, Carolyn Craig, Robert Lowery, John Hoyt & George Raft|
|Directed by||Kurt Neumann & Harold Schuster|
Description by OLDIES.com:
PORTLAND EXPOSE: In the 1950's LIFE Magazine printed a blistering exposé on the rampant sin, crime and Teamsters-controlled corruption that at the time had a stranglehold on Portland, Oregon. Producer Lindsley Parsons seized upon the considerable publicity and assembled a cast of great character actors for the starring roles. Although the film crew was threatened with physical violence, the result is a dark and gritty filmed-on-location crime drama that contains considerable violence for a 1950's movie, most notably a violent rape scene with the Frank Gorshin character and a teenage girl.
THEY WERE SO YOUNG: Five European models arrive in Rio de Janeiro and become trapped in a white slavery ring. An exciting crime melodrama with Raymond Burr at his villainous best!
LOAN SHARK: Tough ex-con George Raft is hired by a factory owner and a union leader to help smash a loan-sharking mob preying on their employees. To obtain the necessary evidence, Raft puts his life on the line by joining the gang.
ARSON INC: A Bureau of Fire Investigation agent goes under cover to confront a ruthless arson ring that has left a trail of bodies, burned out buildings with various and sundry carnage!
SHADOW MAN: A saloon owner falls in love with the abused wife of a heavy gambler. He is snared into a web of intrigue when an ex-girlfriend is found murdered in his apartment.
SHOOT TO KILL: A tale of plotting and counterplotting commences after the new district attorney and an escaped gangster are killed in a car crash!
Description by VCI Home Video:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.