- Released: April 16, 2013
- Label: Vsop Records
- 1.Rat Race [Rat Race]
- 2.Three Time Blueser [Take Five]
- 3.Radio Hysteria [Sudden Fear]
- 4.Anna Lucasta [Anna Lucasta]
- 5.Hop, Skip But Jump
- 6.Saints and Sinners [Saints and Sinners]
- 7.Sweet Smell of Success [Sweet Smell of Success]
- 8.The Man with the Golden Arm [The Man with the Golden Arm]
- 10.Walk on the Wild Side [Walk on the Wild Side]
Movie and TV themes written by Elmer Bernstein, performed by an 11 piece jazz ensemble, recorded in the 1960s.
Liner Note Author: Elmer Bernstein .
Recording information: United Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA (07/1962).
Arrangers: Ruby Raskin; Leo Shuken; Jack Hayes.
Though it captures only a small handful of his work, Elmer Bernstein: Movie and TV Themes finds the famed film and television composer conducting a set of classic material, including music from Walk on the Wild Side, Sweet Smell of Success, and The Man with the Golden Arm. Recorded in 1962 with a decade of scores and a building list of Oscar nominations under his belt, the album only scratches the surface of Bernstein's tremendous body of work, but nonetheless makes for a swingin' introduction to the prolific composer's impressive filmography. ~ Gregory Heaney