Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Number of Discs: 6
- Rated: Not Rated
- Video: Color
- Released: April 30, 2013
- Label: Paramount
- Note: Star Trek: The Next Generation, inside the writer's room (HD) - a reunion of the show's key writing staff moderated by Seth MacFarlane
- Resistance is futile - assimilating Star Trek: The Next Generation (HD) - all new documentary includes exploration of the making of key season 3 episodes
- "Archival mission logs"
- A tribute to Michael Piller (HD) - tribute to the brilliant writer responsible for giving the series and the Star Trek franchise its "second wind"
- Audio commentaries on several episodes including yesterday's Enterprise and Sins of the Father
- In memoriam David Rappaport
- Gag reel (HD)
- Episodic promos
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Nearly two decades after the cancellation of the original STAR TREK television series, creator Gene Roddenberry launched the first of what was to be four phenomenally successful spinoffs with STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION. Set in the 24th century (nearly 100 years after the stewardship of Captain Kirk), the series introduced an all-new cast of intergalactic travellers exploring the farthest reaches out of outer space on a mission to chart new planets and alien civilizations. Ship commander Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) anchored the crew of the Starship Enterprise-D with a sensitive reserve that marked a distinct contrast to his trigger-happy predecessor, whose role was assumed by the Kirk-like second-in-command, William Riker (Jonathan Frakes). Rounding out the cast were the Spock-like android, Data (Brent Spiner); blind officer, Geordi La Forge (LeVar Burton); Klingon officer, Worf (Michael Dorn); ship doctor, Beverly Crusher (Gates McFadden); her teenage son, Wesley (Wil Wheaton); and psychic psychiatrist, Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis). Considered one of the best STAR TREK spinoffs for its intelligent writing and superb sci-fi special effects, THE NEXT GENERATION lives on in cult fandom with this complete collection of episodes from the series' third season.
Made-For-Network TV |
Space Exploration |