by Various Artists
Only 8 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.14 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.84 (32% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 12, 2013
- Label: Sony
- 1.Bombshell: Act 1. Let Me Be Your Star (extended intro) - Bernadette Peters
- 2.Bombshell: Act 1. At Your Feet - Katharine McPhee / Megan Hilty / Smash Cast
- 3.Bombshell: Act 1. Smash! - Megan Hilty / Smash Cast
- 4.Bombshell: Act 1. Never Give All The Heart - Smash Cast
- 5.Bombshell: Act 1. The 20th Century Fox Mambo - Katharine McPhee / Smash Cast
- 6.Bombshell: Act 1. The National Pastime - Smash Cast
- 7.Bombshell: Act 1. History Is Made At Night - Smash Cast / Will Chase
- 8.Bombshell: Act 1. I Never Met A Wolf Who Didn't Love To Howl - Debra Messing / Megan Hilty / Nick Jonas / Phillip Spaeth / Smash Cast / Jaime Cepero / Will Chase / Christian Borle
- 9.Bombshell: Act 1. Mr. & Mrs. Smith - Smash Cast / Will Chase
- 10.Bombshell: Act 1. Don't Say Yes Until I Finish Talking - Smash Cast / Christian Borle
- 11.Bombshell: Act 1. On Lexington & 52nd Street - Smash Cast / Will Chase
- 12.Bombshell: Act 1. Cut, Print... Moving On - Katharine McPhee / Smash Cast
- 13.Bombshell: Act 2. Public Relations - Katharine McPhee / Smash Cast / Christian Borle
- 14.Bombshell: Act 2. Dig Deep - Henry Stram / Phillip Spaeth / Smash Cast / Uma Thurman
- 15.Bombshell: Act 2. Second Hand White Baby Grand - Smash Cast
- 16.Bombshell: Act 2. They Just Keep Moving The Line - Megan Hilty / Smash Cast
- 17.Bombshell: Act 2. Let's Be Bad - Megan Hilty / Smash Cast
- 18.Bombshell: Act 2. The Right Regrets - Debra Messing / Smash Cast / Christian Borle
- 19.Bombshell: Act 2. (Let's Start) Tomorrow Tonight - Savannah Wise / Debra Messing / Leslie Odom Jr./Smash Cast / Christian Borle
- 20.Bombshell: Act 2. Our Little Secret - Smash Cast
- 21.Bombshell: Act 2. Hang The Moon - Megan Hilty / Smash Cast / Bernadette Peters
- 22.Bombshell: Act 2. Don't Forget Me - Katharine McPhee / Smash Cast
Lyricists: Marc Shaiman; Scott Wittman.
Audio Mixer: Lawrence Manchester.
Liner Note Authors: Marc Shaiman; Scott Wittman.
Recording information: Avatar Studios, New York, NY; Jungle City Studios, New York, NY; MSR Studios, New York, NY; Over At Marc & Scott's, New York, NY; Sound Decisions, Austin, TX; Spin Recording Studios, Long Island City, NY; Sugarbox Studios, New York, NY.
NBC's musical-within-a musical TV series Smash kicked off its second season by releasing the original cast recording of Bombshell, the Marilyn Monroe-inspired production the show's characters struggled to get off the ground in the first season. That was a smart move, since the Bombshell songs that were included on the season one soundtrack were among the most vibrant, capturing the passion that fuels staging a Broadway show. Bombshell plays like a true original cast recording, tracing the show's plot in its liner notes and separating its songs into acts. While the competition between Karen (Katharine McPhee) and Ivy (Megan Hilty) over who would be Bombshell's leading lady was one of the main plot points of season one, the cast recording features both wannabe Marilyns, allowing each performer to play to her strengths, whether they're singing together, as on "Let Me Be Your Star," or separately. While both actresses sing ballads and rousing songs, McPhee's more delicate voice works especially well on vulnerable numbers like "Never Give All the Heart," and Hilty's playful Monroe impersonation sizzles on "The National Pastime" and "I Never Met a Wolf Who Didn't Love to Howl." As with the tracks that premiered on the season one soundtrack, Bombshell was written by Scott Wittman and Marc Shaiman, who bring the same wit to the rest of these songs. The slick, brassy "Smash!," "Public Relations," and "Dig Deep" examine the star system and publicity machine that Marilyn used (and was sometimes abused by) with clever lyrics, while "Don't Forget Me" is exactly the kind of showy finale expected from this kind of old-school musical. Elsewhere, Bombshell spotlights Smash's on-the-mark casting: Bernadette Peters gives the project more Broadway credibility with her turns as Marilyn's mother on the bubbly '30s pastiche "At Your Feet" and the unabashedly sentimental "Hang the Moon." Tony Award-winner Christian Borle delivers a show-stopping performance as a motor-mouthed Daryl Zanuck on "Don't Say Yes Until I Finish Talking," and Leslie Odom, Jr. embodies Nat King Cole on "Let's Start Tomorrow Tonight." Even if Bombshell isn't a real Broadway musical, it hits all the notes a production like this should, and showcases the most appealing parts of Smash in the process. ~ Heather Phares
24: Seasons 4 & 5 [Original Television Soundtrack] (CD)(13)
$14.50 Super Savings
The More Music from the Hit TV Show, Volume 2.0 (CD)(46)
$9.40 Super Savings
La La Land (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$9.71 Super Savings
the Music from "The Good Bad and the Ugly" & "A Fistful of... (CD)(45)
$6.14 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 104 ratings.
Based on 104 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!