The Devil and the Blues
by Various Artists
- Released: April 9, 2013
- Label: Blues Boulevard
- 1.Devil Outta Me - Rob Tognoni
- 2.Devil Woman - Julian Sas
- 3.You'll Never Get to Heaven on a Hellbound Train - Delta Moon
- 4.I'd Rather Be the Devil - Canned Heat
- 5.Devil at My Door - Jimmy Nalls
- 6.Devil's Slide - Elvin Bishop
- 7.Devil Led Devil - Giles Robson & the Dirty Aces
- 8.Hellbound Train - Savoy Brown
- 9.It Must Have Been the Devil - Otis Spann
- 10.Little Demon - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
- 11.I Been Dealing with the Devil - Sonny Boy Williamson I
- 12.Devil's Shoestring, The - Jimmy Reed
- 13.She Belongs to the Devil - Washboard Sam
- 14.Black Cat Bone - Lightnin' Hopkins
- 15.Me and the Devil Blues - Robert Johnson
- 16.Devil Got My Woman - Skip James
- 17.Devil Has Thrown Him Down, The - Sister Rosetta Tharpe
- 18.Dealing with the Devil - Sonny Terry / Brownie McGhee
- 19.Burnin' Hell - John Lee Hooker
- 20.Devil's Got the Blues - Lonnie Johnson
- 21.Blue Devil Blues - Walter Page's Blue Devils
Liner Note Author: Alfie Falckenbach.
Hell hounds, hell-bound trains, and even Hell and the Devil himself have long been favorite themes for the blues, and consequently for the rock & roll blues-boogie bands that drew on the blues for material and direction. This set proves the point, with devil-themed songs from both camps, including tracks from Canned Heat, Savoy Brown, Otis Spann, Jimmy Reed, Robert Johnson, Skip James, and others, making this collection a bit like an eerie trip down to the crossroads.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE