- Released: April 9, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Jay Records
- 1.Act 1. Ruritania
- 2.Act 1. Everything Reminds Me of You
- 3.Act 1. Guards On Parade
- 4.Act 1. It's Bound To Be Right On The Night
- 5.Act 1. Father Thames
- 6.Act 1. Finder, Please Return
- 7.Act 1. An Englishman In Love
- 8.Act 1. If Only He'd Looked My Way
- 9.Act 1. Vitality!
- 10.Act 2. Teaching
- 11.Act 2. Vitality (Reprise)
- 12.Act 2. Sweet Thames
- 13.Act 2. Gaiety Glad
- 14.Act 2. If Only He'd Looked My Way
- 15.Act 2. A Matter of Minutes
- 16.Act 2. A Matter of Minutes (Encore)
- 17.Act 2. On Such A Night As This
- 18.Act 2. Bees Are Buzzin'
- 19.Act 2. Bees Are Buzzin' (Encore)
- 20.Act 2. Finale
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The first revival of Ivor Novellos popular musical, which returns to the Londons West End in February 2013!
The only cast recording of the entire score of the popular musical Gay s the Word! Ivor Novello is one of the most beloved British composers for the musical stage. Top notch cast includes Sophie-Louise Dann (Olivier® nominee for her West End triumph in Lend Me a Tenor), multi-award-nominee Helena Blackman (BBC s How Do You Solve a Problem like Maria? ), fast-rising Josh Little (Dreamboats and Petticoats, Footloose), and Tony® Award winner Elizabeth Seal, whose career began in the original production of Gay s the Word. The original production opened at the Palace Theatre in Manchester on October 17, 1950. It transferred to the Saville Theatre in London, with its West End premiere on February 16, 1951. Although the composer died less than a month after its opening, aged 58, the musical ran for 504 performances. The following review appeared in The Sketch eight days after Novellos death.