- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 6 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 23, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Palm Pictures / UMVD
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Making Of: The Pharcyde - "Drop"
- Audio Commentary: Various
- Production Interviews: Various
- HOW THEY GOT THERE - Short
- MARK PAINTS - Short
- THE OASIS VIDEO THAT NEVER HAPPENED
- THE WOODS - Skateboard Film
- WHAT'S UP FATLIP' - Documentary about ex-Pharcyde member
- AMARILLO BY MORNING - Rodeo Documentary
- TORRANCE RISES - Documentary about Dance Group
- Wax - California
- Beastie Boys - Sure Shot
- The Pharcyde - Drop
- The Breeders - Cannonball
- Beastie Boys - Sabotage
- Daft Punk - Da Funk
- Fatlip - What's Up Fatlip'
- Weezer - Undone (The Sweater Song)
- Fatboy Slim - Praise You
- Dinosaur Jr. - Feel The Pain
- MC 900Ft Jesus - If I Only Had A Brain
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Sky's The Limit
- Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice
- Weezer - Buddy Holly
- The Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank
- Bjork - It's Oh So Quiet
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 11/13/2003
"While Spike Jonze is known for his great conceptual videos, this set shows that he doesn't need to rely on gimmicks..."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/31/2003
"...There's no denying the timelessness of classic Jonze clips..."
Film Comment - 11/01/2003
"...Jonze restores pop music's capacity to ignite imagination and emotion..."
Sight and Sound - 12/31/2003
"Jonze's disc offers a satisfying glut of shorts."
Uncut - 01/01/2005
"Music video as serious art form."
Before climbing to Oscar-nominated fame with films such as ADAPTATION and BEING JOHN MALKOVICH, Spike Jonze had carved a name for himself as one of the hottest music video directors around. Practically reinventing the wheel, Jonze created stunning, innovative works for bands including The Beastie Boys, Weezer, Bjork, Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim, The Pharcyde, and many others. This collection of his work runs to over four hours of seminal, visionary work, including all his music videos, an array of documentaries, behind the scenes material, audio commentaries, interviews, and a whole lot more.
Alternative Music |
Behind The Scenes |
Dance Music |
Music (General) |
Music Video |
Music Videos |
Pop / Rock |
Rap / Hip Hop |
Rap Artists |
Rap Music |