Steve Coleman Invisible Paths: First Scattering
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.08 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.90 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Steve Coleman ~ Functional Arrhythmias ~ $15.08
- by Steve Coleman ~ Harvesting Semblances and Affinities ~ $15.08
- by Steve Coleman ~ The Mancy of Sound ~ $15.08
- by Miles Davis ~ Miles At The Fillmore, 1970: The Bootleg Series Volume 3 (4-CD) ~ $42.51
- Released: July 31, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Tzadik
- 1.Ascending Numeration: Reformed
- 3.Possession of Images
- 4.Negative Secondary
- 5.The Witness
- 6.Invisible Paths
- 7.Fundamental Disturbance I
- 8.Fecundation: 070118
- 10.Facing West
- 12.Back at the Crib
- 14.Fundamental Disturbance II
- 16.Fecundation: 070118 (Another View)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Steve Coleman (alto saxophone).
Liner Note Author: Steve Coleman .
Recording information: Systems Two, Brooklyn, NY (03/28/2007/04/10/2007).
Jazz saxophonist and M-Base figurehead Steve Coleman has dipped his stylistic fingers into everything from funk to free jazz to West African influences. INVISIBLE PATHS: FIRST SCATTERING (2007) finds Coleman performing unadorned. The 16 solo saxophone pieces that comprise the disc veer from frenetic flutter to sweet lyrical sweep. Titles like "Shift," "Embodiment," and "Clouds" hint at the abstract, poetic nature of the performances, which owe a good deal to the exploratory nature of free jazz improvising, but without that genre's occasional tendency to alienate.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE