Steve Coleman Invisible Paths: First Scattering
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by Steve Coleman ~ Functional Arrhythmias $13.76
by Steve Coleman ~ Harvesting Semblances and Affinities $13.76
by Miles Davis ~ Miles At The Fillmore, 1970: The Bootleg Series Volume 3 (4-CD) $42.51
- Released: July 31, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Tzadik
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Ascending Numeration: Reformed
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Shift
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Possession of Images
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Negative Secondary
- $0.99 on iTunes5.The Witness
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Invisible Paths
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Fundamental Disturbance I
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Fecundation: 070118
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Embodiment
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Facing West
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Clouds
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Back at the Crib
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Cardinal-Fixed-Mutable
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Fundamental Disturbance II
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Individualization
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Fecundation: 070118 (Another View)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Steve Coleman (alto saxophone).
Liner Note Author: Steve Coleman .
Recording information: Systems Two, Brooklyn, NY (03/28/2007/04/10/2007).
Jazz saxophonist and M-Base figurehead Steve Coleman has dipped his stylistic fingers into everything from funk to free jazz to West African influences. INVISIBLE PATHS: FIRST SCATTERING (2007) finds Coleman performing unadorned. The 16 solo saxophone pieces that comprise the disc veer from frenetic flutter to sweet lyrical sweep. Titles like "Shift," "Embodiment," and "Clouds" hint at the abstract, poetic nature of the performances, which owe a good deal to the exploratory nature of free jazz improvising, but without that genre's occasional tendency to alienate.
Dave Holland Quintet - Freiburg Music Festival '85 (DVD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!