Bobby Bare The Real Thing
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$17.04 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.94 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 19, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Omni
- 1.Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down
- 2.The Chicago Story
- 3.Barbara Joy
- 4.California Dreams
- 5.Singer of Sad Songs
- 6.Real Thing, The (More Than a Memory)
- 7.Tulsa County
- 8.Maggie (I Wish We'd Never Met)
- 10.Come on Home and Sing the Blues to Daddy
- 11.I Hate Goodbyes
- 12.What's Your Mama's Name, Child
- 13.You Know Who
- 14.A Train That Never Runs
- 15.An Offer She Couldn't Refuse
- 16.A Restless Wind
- 17.Send Tomorrow to the Moon
- 18.Poison Red Berries
- 19.I'll Love the Hurt Out of You
- 20.Ride Me Down Easy
- 21.The Streets of Baltimore
- 22.The Town that Broke My Heart
- 23.A Rainy Day in Richmond
- 24.(Margie's At) The Lincoln Park Inn
Personnel: The Jordanaires (vocals); Jerry Stembridge, Pete Wade, Ray Edenton, Bill Rice (guitar); Fred Carter, Jr., Harold Bradley (electric guitar); Pete Drake (steel guitar); Buddy Spicher (fiddle); Charlie McCoy (harmonica, vibraphone); Danny Flowers (harmonica); Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); Bob Moore (electric bass); Buddy Harman (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Alvin Lucia.
Liner Note Author: Alvin Lucia.
Recording information: RCA Victor's Nashville Sound Studio, Nashville, TN (1966-1973).
Arrangers: Don Tweedy; Cam Mullins; Bergen White.
Country singer and songwriter Bobby Bare was always eclectic, especially by country standards, choosing songs to record based on quality rather than trendiness, and he's always fallen to the maverick outlaw side of Nashville, placing himself in the company of artists and songwriters like Kris Kristofferson, Tom T. Hall, and Billy Joe Shaver. He's had chart hits here and there, but he never built his career on them, and stayed away from mere replication. This welcome two-fer reissue amounts to the great lost Bobby Bare album, combining 1970's The Real Thing (recorded at a time of discord between Bare and his then label, RCA Victor, Bare left the label and had signed with Mercury Records by the time the LP was released) and 1973's I Hate Goodbyes/Ride Me Down Easy, which marked his return to RCA after two years with Mercury. All of this is merely the back-story. Taken together, these two albums (and the extra bonus tracks included from the same time period) show Bare arguably at his peak, passionate, poignant, at times tongue-in-cheek, and endearingly just slightly off-kilter, all traits Nashville was a little nervous about. ~ Steve Leggett
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 Super Savings
Greatest Love Songs: 60 Ultimate Love Classics (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Sound of Johnny Cash/ Hymns from the Heart (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~
$2.40 Super Savings
The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~
$14.22 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~
$8.48 Super Savings
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE