Bobby Bare The Real Thing
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 19, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Omni
- 1.Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down
- 2.The Chicago Story
- 3.Barbara Joy
- 4.California Dreams
- 5.Singer of Sad Songs
- 6.Real Thing, The (More Than a Memory)
- 7.Tulsa County
- 8.Maggie (I Wish We'd Never Met)
- 10.Come on Home and Sing the Blues to Daddy
- 11.I Hate Goodbyes
- 12.What's Your Mama's Name, Child
- 13.You Know Who
- 14.A Train That Never Runs
- 15.An Offer She Couldn't Refuse
- 16.A Restless Wind
- 17.Send Tomorrow to the Moon
- 18.Poison Red Berries
- 19.I'll Love the Hurt Out of You
- 20.Ride Me Down Easy
- 21.The Streets of Baltimore
- 22.The Town that Broke My Heart
- 23.A Rainy Day in Richmond
- 24.(Margie's At) The Lincoln Park Inn
Personnel: The Jordanaires (vocals); Jerry Stembridge, Pete Wade, Ray Edenton, Bill Rice (guitar); Fred Carter, Jr., Harold Bradley (electric guitar); Pete Drake (steel guitar); Buddy Spicher (fiddle); Charlie McCoy (harmonica, vibraphone); Danny Flowers (harmonica); Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); Bob Moore (electric bass); Buddy Harman (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Alvin Lucia.
Liner Note Author: Alvin Lucia.
Recording information: RCA Victor's Nashville Sound Studio, Nashville, TN (1966-1973).
Arrangers: Don Tweedy; Cam Mullins; Bergen White.
Country singer and songwriter Bobby Bare was always eclectic, especially by country standards, choosing songs to record based on quality rather than trendiness, and he's always fallen to the maverick outlaw side of Nashville, placing himself in the company of artists and songwriters like Kris Kristofferson, Tom T. Hall, and Billy Joe Shaver. He's had chart hits here and there, but he never built his career on them, and stayed away from mere replication. This welcome two-fer reissue amounts to the great lost Bobby Bare album, combining 1970's The Real Thing (recorded at a time of discord between Bare and his then label, RCA Victor, Bare left the label and had signed with Mercury Records by the time the LP was released) and 1973's I Hate Goodbyes/Ride Me Down Easy, which marked his return to RCA after two years with Mercury. All of this is merely the back-story. Taken together, these two albums (and the extra bonus tracks included from the same time period) show Bare arguably at his peak, passionate, poignant, at times tongue-in-cheek, and endearingly just slightly off-kilter, all traits Nashville was a little nervous about. ~ Steve Leggett
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Greatest Love Songs: 60 Ultimate Love Classics (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE