Jello Biafra White People and the Damage Done
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1.60 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 19, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Alternative Tentacle
Q (Magazine) - p.953 stars out of 5 -- "Biafra remains a true old-school vaudevillian, his wild vibrato and bludgeoning wit are still commanding."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.904 stars out of 5 -- "Jello resolutely and entertainingly faces down all-comers..."
- 1.The Brown Lipstick Parade
- 2.John Dillinger
- 3.Werewolves of Wall Street
- 4.Road Rage
- 5.Mid-East Peace Process
- 6.Hollywood Goof Disease
- 7.White People and the Damage Done
- 9.Burgers of Wrath
- 11.The Brown Lipstick Parade (Spit Valve brASS Mix)
- 12.Burgers of Wrath (Slight Rural Extension)
- 13.Crapture (Flight F.I.N.A.L. Space Blast Extension)
- 14.Shock-U-Py! (Soul Clap Mix)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Ralph Spight (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Kimo Ball (guitar); Jeff Kaser (tenor saxophone); Drake Peterson (trumpet); Brandon Turchiano (trombone); Paul Della Pelle (drums, tambourine); Pete Rypins, Jon Ginoli, Alan Always, Joe Franke, Blag History Month, Ralph Nadir, Mr. Tweezers, Joey Keithley, Ivan Sharkboweis, Devil Doll (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Matt Kelley.
Recording information: Faultline Studios; Freqlab, SF.
Still disenfranchised about American society and riled up about it, the former Dead Kennedys singer takes issue with Wall Street, Hollywood, consumer nature, fast food, and white people in general on Jello Biafra & the Guantanamo School of Medicine's third album, White People & the Damage Done. Backed by a musically fierce band that includes Ween/Butthole Surfers bassist Andrew Weiss, drummer Paul Della Pelle, and guitarists Ralph Spight and Kimo Ball, the 54-year-old frontman sounds as spirited as he did in his early days. In fact, for the fast, furious "Road Rage" and "Mid-East Peace Process," he and his band match the blistering energy of early-'80s American hardcore staples like Black Flag (good to see that Keith Morris' OFF! isn't the only group carrying the torch) and, yes, the Kennedys. Forced by age into the suburban lifestyle he once rallied against, Biafra sounds positively spiteful as he yells "I hate the malls and I hate credit cards/I hate my neighbors and the dogs in the yard!" or shames reality TV, wondering "What the hell is a Kardashian/Should Snooky be allowed to reproduce?" His voice is strong and he continues to prove himself a threat as an exceptionally sharp and witty lyricist. Meanwhile, the band takes risks, incorporating styles like rockabilly and classic rock into its punk fusion in a way that's dizzying but never disconcerting. Of course, fans know what they are getting by this stage in the game, but even they might be pleasantly surprised. ~ Jason Lymangrover
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists 70S #1 Hits (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE