- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 12, 1999
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 12/06/1991
"...As lively a tale as any Trekkie might want....One more fanciful chapter to this story..."
Los Angeles Times - 12/06/1991
"...Meyer and Flynn get a fullness back into their characters....STAR TREK VI works so well on its own terms that it looks less like a close than another possible opening..."
Total Film - 04/01/2004
"It all works: this is a tight, thrilling send-off."
Sci-Fi / Horror / Fantasy |
Space Exploration |
Space Opera |
Space Travel |
Star Trek |
- The Paramount Home Video version of "Star Trek V!" features two minutes of footage not included in the theatrical version.
- Color by Technicolor; shot in Panavision. Dolby spectral recording.
- Estimated budget $27.5 million.
- Locations included Alaska, and Los Angeles, California. The second unit shot the sequences filmed in Alaska.
- Dedicated to Gene Roddenberry.
- One of the film's advertising tag-lines was: "The battle for peace has begun."
- Reportedly, this will be the last "Star Trek" movie featuring the cast of the original television series. The next "Star Trek" films will feature the stars of "Star Trek: The Next Generation".
- Christian Slater has an uncredited cameo in the film. His mother, Mary Jo Slater, was the casting director for "Star Trek VI".
- The laserdisc version of "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country" received Laser Video File's award for Best Sound, in their Second Annual Consumer Laser Disc Awards competition (1993).
- Available to buy in the UK.