Roscoe Mitchell Duets With Tyshawn Sorey & Special Guest
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.70 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.29 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Roscoe Mitchell & The Transatlantic Art Ensemble ~ Composition / Improvisation Nos. 1, 2 & 3 (Live) ~ $14.81
- by Steve Coleman ~ Functional Arrhythmias ~ $15.08
- by Roscoe Mitchell ~ Live at "A Space" 1975 ~ $13.81
- by Miles Davis ~ Miles At The Fillmore, 1970: The Bootleg Series Volume 3 (4-CD) ~ $42.51
- Released: March 26, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Wide Hive Records
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Recording information: Wide Hive Records (06/29/2012).
Photographer: Gregory Howe.
Legendary improviser Roscoe Mitchell teamed up with multi-instrumentalist and modern composer Tyshawn Sorey, with occasional assistance from fellow Art Ensemble of Chicago member Hugh Ragin, to create this 11-track album of meditative improvisations and slow-moving explorations of sound and space. Playing spare percussion as well as a bevy of saxophones, flutes, and woodwinds, Mitchell joins in with his collaborators to create a patient, fragmented sonic environment, full of floating and curious sounds. Occasional bursts of energetic sound are more playful than aggressive, though even the more brash and outgoing sounds have a particularly insular feel to them. ~ Fred Thomas
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!