The Sun Shines Bright (Blu-ray)
OFF THE FREIGHT BOAT IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT...AND THE TOWN WAS NEVER THE SAME AGAIN!
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$21.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.23 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 26, 2013
- Originally Released: 1953
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Charles Winninger, Arleen Whelan, John Russell & Stepin Fetchit|
|Performer:||Francis Ford, Paul Hurst, Mitchell Lewis, Grant Withers, Ludwig Stössel, Milburn Stone, Dorothy Jordan, Slim Pickens, Stepin Fetchit, Arleen Whelan & John Russell|
|Directed by||John Ford|
|Edited by||Jack Murray|
|Screenwriting by||Laurence Stallings|
|Screenplay by||Laurence Stallings|
|Composition by||Victor Young|
|Art Direction by||Frank Hotaling & Frank Hotaling|
|Story by||Irvin S. Cobb|
|Produced by||John Ford & Merian C. Cooper|
|Director of Photography:||Archie Stout|
John Ford's remake of his 1934 Will Rogers vehicle, JUDGE PRIEST, combines three Irvin S. Cobb stories about the kindly Kentucky magistrate William Priest, played by Charles Winninger. Set in 1905 Kentucky, it focuses on the judge's battle for reelection against Yankee prosecutor Horace K. Maydew (Milburn Stone). Despite the judge's popularity, it's possible that his generosity and sense of justice may cost him the election. First he tries to persuade the eminent General Fairfield (James Kirkwood) to admit that he's kin to Lucy Lee (Arleen Whelan), whose questionable background makes her a subject for ridicule. Next he faces down an angry lynch mob accusing (with extremely thin corroborating evidence) a black man, U.S. Grant Woodford (Elzie Emanuel), of raping a young white girl (Allene Roberts). The frustrated vigilantes, dispersed by the gun-wielding judge, vow vengeance at the polls. One of the director's personal favorites, THE SUN SHINES BRIGHT is filled with Ford's typical low comedy and fine performances from the ensemble cast.
Fairfield, Kentucky's Judge Priest is up for re-election; however, his compassionate nature involves him in romantic and racial affairs that threaten his political future.
- An Argosy Production.
- Additional cast: Elzie Emanuel (You Ess); Ken Williams (Maydew's henchman).
- Mae Marsh, who plays a minor role in the film, was one of D.S. Griffith's leading actresses in the silent era. She had a starring role in his epics "The Birth of a Nation" and "Intolerance."
- This film is a remake of 1934's "Judge Priest," which John Ford also directed.
10 Minute Solution - Belly, Butt & Thigh Blasters (Includes... (DVD)
$13.34 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott & Costello - Dance with Me, Henry (Blu-ray)
$21.72 Super Savings
Top ranking Blu-ray:
- Shark Week (Blu-ray) ~ 98¢ on SALE
- Air Collision (Blu-ray) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Coffin Joe: Embodiment of Evil (Blu-ray + DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- 100 Ghost Street: The Return of Richard Speck (Blu-ray) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bigfoot (Blu-ray) ~ 99¢ on SALE