- 2.35:1 ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 26, 2013
- Originally Released: 1957
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A Sam Fuller war yarn set in Vietnam when conflict with the Communists was a French heartache. A multinational troop under the command of a French Foreign Legion officer sets out to seize a cache of arms with the officer's Eurasian ex-wife in tow.
While an American member of the French Foreign Legion assists the Vietnamese in destroying a Red Chinese arsenal, his ex-wife re-enters his life.
Sgt. Johnny Brock leads a multinational patrol into enemy territory with the aid of his estranged spouse, a Eurasian nicknamed Lucky Legs, who knows the location of the arms. Years earlier, she had bore a child with Chinese features -- which infuriated Brock.
Now Brock and Legs try to bury their marital hatchets and pick up where they left off. They continue their journey to the hidden weapons with renewed feelings of hope. During a pause in the march, however, Legs makes a fateful decision.
It's an action that may forever change the course of their love... and the destiny of the freedom-hungry troops.
Theatrical Release |
- Singer Nat "King" Cole performs the title song, "China Gate," in this film.
- Additional cast: Gerald Milton (Private Andreades); Neyle Morrow (Leung); Warren Hsieh (The Boy); Sasha Harden (Private Jaszi); William Soo Hoo (Mol Leader); Walter Soo Hoo (Guard); and Weaver Levy (Khuan).