Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 26, 2013
- Originally Released: 1963
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 04/16/1993
"...This comic-Western variation on THE TAMING OF THE SHREW has a place in the hearts of John Wayne-Maureen O'Hara fans....The film's virtues include a gallery of beloved character actors..."
The battle of the sexes goes into full throttle in this madcap Western.
McLintock is a successful, hard-drinking, rabble-rousing cattle baron whose town is named in his honor. When Katherine, his estranged wife, arrives back in town to seek a divorce, they immediately lock horns and brawl like two alley cats -- often in public. Besides his hot-tempered wife, McLintock also has to contend with his daughter and her suitors, a confrontation between homesteaders and cattlemen, and the government's problems with the local Comanche.
Classic Fight Scenes |
Theatrical Release |
- MPI Home Video's videocassette #6022 is the "full-length producer's cut" of the film and it is the only version "authorized by the estate of John Wayne." The print for the video was struck from the original negative which was restored under the supervision of Michael Wayne, the film's producer and John Wayne's son. The soundtrack was digitally remastered for stereo.
- Color by Technicolor. Shot in Panavision.