Steve Earle The Low Highway [Deluxe Edition] (CD + DVD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$24.75 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.24 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 15, 2013
- Label: New West Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.The Low Highway
- 2.Calico County
- 3.Burnin' It Down
- 4.That All You Got?
- 5.Love's Gonna Blow My Way
- 6.After Mardi Gras
- 7.Pocket Full of Rain
- 9.Warren Hellman's Banjo
- 10.Down the Road, Pt. II
- 11.21st Century Blues
- 12.Remember Me
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Four Performances from Austin City Limits [DVD]
- 2."Making of the Album" Mini Documentary [DVD]
- 3.Invisible [Video] [DVD]
- 4.The Low Highway [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 5.Calico County [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 6.Burnin' It Down [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 7.That All You Got? [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 8.Love's Gonna Blow My Way [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 9.After Mardi Gras [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 10.Pocket Full of Rain [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 11.Invisible [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 12.Warren Hellman's Banjo [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 13.Down the Road, Pt. 2 [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 14.21st Century Blues [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
- 15.Remember Me [24/96 Audio] [DVD]
Personnel: Steve Earle (vocals, guitar, banjo, mandocello, mandolin, piano); Allison Moorer (vocals, accordion, piano, harmonium, organ); Siobhan Kennedy (vocals); Chris Masterson (guitar, pedal steel guitar); Eleanor Whitmore (mandolin, fiddle); Kelly Looney (upright bass, electric bass); Will Rigby (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixer: Ray Kennedy .
Liner Note Author: Steve Earle.
Recording information: Ben's Studio And Room And Board, Nashville, TN.
Photographer: Ted Barron.
Over the past 27 years Steve Earle's music has journeyed all across the Americana spectrum: country, rock, folk, Beatlesque psychedelia, topical folk songs, etc. He's even done a covers record of Townes Van Zandt songs to pay tribute to his late mentor and friend. His very best offerings are those he's recorded with his Twang Trust production partner, Ray Kennedy. They're together here. Over 12 songs, Earle does what he does best: he tells stories that get under the skin and into the bones. Backed by the Dukes (& Duchesses), his road band, the title track's first-person vignette captures the strangeness and contradiction of America from a small vantage point, a first-person narrative about traveling. His world-weary voice brings the listener into the meld of fiddle, strummed acoustic guitars, and whining pedal steel and keeps her there, seeing it all through his eyes. "Calico County" is a straight-up rocker with whomping electric guitars, Fender Rhodes, bass, and drums. "Burnin' It Down" is the other side of the roaming romantic of "I Ain't Ever Satisfied," defeated, angry, bewildered about what happened to those dreams and his town. Allison Moorer's accordion lends a poignant undercurrent to the guitars. "After Mardi Gras," written for Lucia Micarelli's character in the HBO series Treme, is delivered with a gentle swing, and a tender violin solo by Eleanor Whitmore. This contrasts with the barroom boogie of "Pocket Full of Rain," driven by Moorer's piano, fiddle, and a strolling upright bassline by Kelly Looney. "Down the Road, Pt. 2" is a roiling trucker country number, infused with the spirit of Bill Monroe thanks to Earle's mandolin. The closer, "Remember Me," a slow, 4/4 Americana number, is a plea from a father to his child; it's one of the most moving, poetic songs in Earle's catalog. The singer is accompanied only by his acoustic guitar in the first half, before Will Rigby's loose-tuned snare and bass drum, accompanied by upright bass, mandolin, and pedal steel, enter. The song is a testament of familial faith, an offering of unwavering love with a lone request: that the protagonist not be forgotten no matter life's turns. The Low Highway is Earle the storyteller without any agenda save for getting the songs right, telling stories, and recording songs that will resonate as deeply live as they do here. This may be his most consistent offering since El Coraz¢n. ~ Thom Jurek
Amercian Music: The Hightone Records Story [Sampler] (4-CD)
$55.19 Super Savings
Return to Sin City - A Tribute to Gram Parsons (DVD)
$8.98 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD)
99¢ Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
99¢ Super Savings
Top Hits of the Seventies - Volume 2, CD #1: 20 Original...
99¢ Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Freddy Cannon Have A Boom Boom Christmas!! (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists The Best of Christmas: 25 Original Hits by the Original Artists (Disc 3) (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE