Paul Anka Duets
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 9, 2013
- Label: Sony Legacy
- 1.Walk A Fine Line (w. Michael McDonald & George Benson)
- 2.Find My Way Back To Your Heart
- 3.Do I Love You (Yes, In Every Way) (w. Dolly Parton)
- 4.This Is It (w. Michael Jackson)
- 5.I Really Miss You (w. Leon Russell)
- 6.Think I'm In Love Again (w. Gloria Estefan)
- 7.Pennies From Heaven (w. Michael Buble)
- 8.Crazy (w. Willie Nelson)
- 9.You Are My Destiny (w. Patti LaBelle)
- 10.Les Filles De Paris (w. Chris Botti)
- 11.It's Hard To Say Goodbye (w. Celine Dion)
- 12.She's A Lady (w. Tom Jones)
- 13.Hold Me 'Til The Morning Come
- 14.My Way (w. Frank Sinatra)
Liner Note Author: Paul Anka.
Photographers: Annie Leibovitz; Paul Anka.
Released as a tie-in to Paul Anka's 2013 memoir My Way (really, would an Anka autobiography bear another name?), the 2013 collection Duets attempts to illustrate the depth of Anka's career through song, letting the singer/songwriter indulge himself with duet partners both expected and unfamiliar. There is a degree of posthumous trickery here -- he sings "This Is It" with Michael Jackson and "My Way" with Frank Sinatra, two vocalists long deceased by the time Anka assembled this album -- but Anka is such a creature of show biz that this sleight of hand doesn't much matter; arguably, it even enhances the splash and glitz of this deliberately showy album. There may be a little too much modernity on Duets -- Anka succumbs to Auto-Tune here and there, including on "Find My Way Back to your Heart," the only solo song here -- and there's the odd sense that he's trying to appeal to every possible audience that may exist in 2013, although nothing here could conceivably be played on modern radio. Instead, Duets plays like a fantasia of pre-MTV pop, songs designed for maximum radio play even when there are no outlets for that sound. There are some pleasant moments here, to be sure -- many of them play like throwbacks to 1990, including Tom Jones' new take on "She's a Lady" -- but it's a sound that belongs to past that's long since gone. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Top of The Pop Hits - The 50s (6-CD Box Set / Cardboard...
$19.12 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE