Bing Crosby El Senor Bing
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Bing Crosby ~ Bing: Song Hits of Paris [60th Anniversary Edition] ~ $9.89
- by Bing Crosby ~ Bing Sings the Johnny Mercer Songbook ~ $9.89
- by Bing Crosby ~ Return to Paradise Islands ~ $14.38
- by Bing Crosby ~ A Southern Memoir [Bonus Tracks] ~ $9.89
- Released: March 19, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Ume
- 1.In The Still Of The Night / I Could Have Danced All Night
- 2.C'est Magnifique / Taking A Chance On Love
- 3.Heavenly Night / My Shawl
- 4.Marta / The Rose In Her Hair
- 5.How High The Moon / Old Devil Moon
- 6.Pagan Love Song / Cuban Love Song
- 7.Ramona / Amapola [Pretty Little Poppy]
- 8.Malaguena [At The Crossroads]/Andalucia [The Breeze And I]
- 9.Down Argentine Way / What A Difference A Day Made
- 10.Again / Allez-Vous-En [Go Away]
- 11.Ramona / Amapola [Pretty Little Poppy] [Mono]
- 12.Marta / The Rose In Her Hair [Mono]
- 13.Again / Allez-Vous-En [Go Away] [Mono]
- 14.In The Still Of The Night / I Could Have Danced All Night [Mono]
- 15.Pagan Love Song / Cuban Love Song [Mono]
- 16.Down Argentine Way / What A Difference A Day Made [Mono]
- 17.Heavenly Night / My Shawl [Mono]
- 18.Malaguena [At The Crossroads]/Andalucia [The Breeze And I] [Mono]
- 19.How High The Moon / Old Devil Moon [Mono]
- 20.C'est Magnifique / Taking A Chance On Love [Mono]
- 21.Papa Loves Mambo
- 22.Solamente Una Vez [You Belong To My Heart]
- 23.La Borrichita [I'll Never Love Again]
- 24.Floras Negras [You're The Moment Of A Lifetime]
- 25.No Te Importe Saber [Let Me Love You Tonight]
- 26.In A Little Spanish Town
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Liner Note Author: Martin McQuade.
Recording information: CBS Studio C, Hollywood, CA (06/22/1960-06/23/1960); Sound Recording Studios, Spokane, WA (06/22/1960-06/23/1960); United Recorders, Hollywood, CA (06/22/1960-06/23/1960); CBS Studio C, Hollywood, CA (08/25/1955); Sound Recording Studios, Spokane, WA (08/25/1955); United Recorders, Hollywood, CA (08/25/1955); CBS Studio C, Hollywood, CA (11/18/1954-06/09/1955); Sound Recording Studios, Spokane, WA (11/18/1954-06/09/1955); United Recorders, Hollywood, CA (11/18/1954-06/09/1955).
Arranger: Billy May.
Billy May wasn't just the go-to arranger for the punchiest of big-band material, he was also the best man to call when a vocalist desired to travel south of the border. He was co-billed on Mel Torm‚'s wonderful Latin LP of 1959 (Ol‚ Torm‚), and he helmed Bing Crosby's similar affair, El Se¤or Bing, during a pair of 1960 sessions. The results are excellent, pure delight for anyone who loves to hear one of the best American voices take on "Malague¤a" and "Andalucia," along with a few decidedly domestic titles like "How High the Moon" or "Pagan Love Song." May's charts are very similar to his work with Torm‚, emphasizing brass, flutes, and vibraphone. Interestingly, Bing tackles two songs during each track, making the record a series of medleys that causes the record to move as smoothly and effortlessly as possible (the transition from "In the Still of the Night" to "I Could Have Danced All Night" is poetry). Though Crosby's voice wasn't as light and supple as Torm‚'s, his relaxed sense of swing is an excellent counter-balance for Billy May's smart, punchy arrangements. ~ John Bush
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!