Dido Girl Who Got Away [Deluxe Edition]
|You Save:||$0.39 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Label: RCA
Mojo (Publisher) - p.883 stars out of 5 -- "What a voice. Terribly sad, possibly broken, but hopeful, in a karmic way."
- 1.No Freedom
- 2.Girl Who Got Away
- 3.Let Us Move On - (featuring Kendrick Lamar)
- 5.End Of Night
- 6.Sitting On The Roof Of The World
- 7.Love To Blame
- 8.Go Dreaming
- 9.Happy New Year
- 10.Loveless Heart
- 11.Day Before We Went To War
- 12.Let Us Move On - (featuring Kendrick Lamar)
- 13.All I See - (featuring Pete Miser)
- 14.Just Say Yes
- 15.Let's Runaway
- 16.Everything To Lose [Armin Van Buuren Remix] - (remix)
Recording information: Angel Recording Studios, London; Ark Studios; Echo Studios, Los Angeles; Enormus Studios, Los Angeles; Ho House East, New York; Oceanway, Los Angeles; Opal Music, London; RAK Recording Studios, London; The Green Building, Santa Monica; Westlake Studios, Los Angeles.
Photographer: Guy Aroch.
Differences between Dido albums can be measured on a small sliding scale. She never changes her style but she does change her sound, however subtly. Girl Who Got Away, her fourth album and first in five years, differs from its predecessor, the meticulously woven Safe Trip Home. That was an album tailored for domesticity, while Girl Who Got Away is a soundtrack for a night out, going so far as to make space for a guest spot for Kendrick Lamar, the alt-crossover rapper du jour of 2013. Dido's night on the town isn't quite a dingy pub crawl: it's tasting menus and craft cocktails where the crowds bustle but never jostle. Sophistication is a given, but there's a surprising undercurrent of sensuality that runs throughout the album, a sleekness that suggests a distillation of the stiff club-soul of Elle Goulding, a shimmer that blends quite seamlessly with Dido's sculpted songs. As a particularly affectless singer, Dido is quite adaptable to her gently shifting surroundings, so she feels perfectly at home in this neon-streaked production, savoring how it swings from understated but insistent beats to a soft acoustic bed. Perhaps it's lifestyle music, designed to reflect the aspirations and desires of her audience, but it's impeccably executed and slyly seductive lifestyle music. Halfway through, Girl Who Got Away sucks you into its sway, its comforts as alluring as they are elusive. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Campfire Songs: The Popular, Obscure & Unknown Recordings... (CD)
$19.47 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE